“False Advertising: No pool, no hot tub, not central Salt Lake City”

Motel 6 Salt Lake City- Central
Ranked #63 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Very disappointed that we booked this "central" Salt Lake City hotel with a pool and hot tub for the kids only to discover that the hot tub has been out of service for 4 years! No pool either! Seedy, not central area with drifters around. Spills and dirt outside of rooms. Tobacco stench in non smoking room.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank sophieinsfca

Reviewed 8 November 2017

I had a business trip last week and I had no choice to choose the hotel since my company booked this hotel for me. I was worried after I looked the hotel rate. However, it was just baseless anxiety. The motel was much cleaner than my thought and the customer service was excellent. I am willing to stay here next time when I have business trip near here.

Room Tip: Wifi speed should be faster.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 February 2017 via mobile

I've stayed at a lot of hotels. This was one of my least favorite places I've stayed. The mattresses were thin and uncomfortable. They are placed on platforms. When we got to the room, mattresses were not straight on the platform (hanging off the platform) and my daughter got injured. Between the people next door and heavy traffic at all hours, we barely got any sleep. Would not recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to sleep.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 January 2017

On line I reserved a room at Days inn the conformation showed this.Upon arriving in SLC and getting to the location shown on my conformation there was no Days Inn I spent a half hour driving back and forth looking for Days Inn. I finnaly called the on line number just to be told that there was a heavy calling and I could leave my number and would be called back right away. No one ever called back. The address for Days Inn was actually a Motel six Motel 6.I went in to inquire where days Inn was to find out that in 2014 Days Inn left this location. My reservation was booked at Days Inn but you actually put me in Motel 6. Vinyl flooring thru out unit no carpet no shampoo and just outside my unit 2 people were working on their cars until 11:00 pm. You folks really let me down and I will not be using your sevices in the future.
The manager at motel 6 was very nice. I blame you folks for putting me in a substandard unit and not ever even returning my phone call.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 October 2016 via mobile

My fault. I booked the hotel without reading Trip Advisor. All rooms face the outside as there are no interior corridors. Not safe! Staff could not find my reservation, and even standing in the lobby I could not attach to their WiFi to show the clerk my reservation. We left and will deal with corporate. Would rather pay for the guaranteed reservation than stay here.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
6Team, Brand Experience Team Member at Motel 6 Salt Lake City- Central, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2016

Ruth,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We apologize for any misunderstanding that may have occurred during your recent stay with regard to our reservation policy and the inconveniences you experienced. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.