“You sent me to the wrong hotel”

Motel 6 Salt Lake City- Central
Ranked #63 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Reviewed 16 January 2017

On line I reserved a room at Days inn the conformation showed this.Upon arriving in SLC and getting to the location shown on my conformation there was no Days Inn I spent a half hour driving back and forth looking for Days Inn. I finnaly called the on line number just to be told that there was a heavy calling and I could leave my number and would be called back right away. No one ever called back. The address for Days Inn was actually a Motel six Motel 6.I went in to inquire where days Inn was to find out that in 2014 Days Inn left this location. My reservation was booked at Days Inn but you actually put me in Motel 6. Vinyl flooring thru out unit no carpet no shampoo and just outside my unit 2 people were working on their cars until 11:00 pm. You folks really let me down and I will not be using your sevices in the future.
The manager at motel 6 was very nice. I blame you folks for putting me in a substandard unit and not ever even returning my phone call.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 16 October 2016 via mobile

My fault. I booked the hotel without reading Trip Advisor. All rooms face the outside as there are no interior corridors. Not safe! Staff could not find my reservation, and even standing in the lobby I could not attach to their WiFi to show the clerk my reservation. We left and will deal with corporate. Would rather pay for the guaranteed reservation than stay here.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
6Team, Brand Experience Team Member at Motel 6 Salt Lake City- Central, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2016

Ruth,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We apologize for any misunderstanding that may have occurred during your recent stay with regard to our reservation policy and the inconveniences you experienced. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 13 October 2016 via mobile

This place is a noisy disaster and a real disappointment. Not really a budget at $60. The WiFi will not connect at all even after calling the desk. People walking through the parking lot all night that aren't staying here. The people above us stomped around and ran back and forth all night and I mean from 9 pm till 7 am ! Called the front desk and nothing changed.

One wash cloth for a two bed room. Paint on the floors and holes in the walls. Not enough light to do much of anything work related. TV is really super small and about 20 plus feet from the bed. Hard to hear too. Nothing to eat within walking distance.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
6Team, Brand Experience Team Member at Motel 6 Salt Lake City- Central, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2016

William,
Thank you for your feedback. We sincerely apologize for your unpleasant stay as a result of the inconveniences you experienced with the size of the room during your recent stay. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest, and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the noise concerns you experienced. Motel 6 standards for quality rest on our promise to offer the lowest price of any national chain by delivering the essential elements of a comfortable room for a satisfying stay, for this reason we apologize for the disappointment you describe in the expectations of amenities. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 7 September 2016

We've normally had very good luck with Motel 6.....but...of all we've stayed at this one is severely below the norm we normally see. Dirty location, bathroom floor absolutely filthy. In as a couple, but have only 1 set of towels. Out of a 10....sorry only a 3.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2016 via mobile

Have stayed at Motel 6's that were crisp and clean......nice. This one was not! Shower curtain rod broken, hair clogged drain, cheap door coming apart, etc. There really aren't 200 words worth of things to say about this place. 200 words is a stupid requirement, Travel Advisor!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple