“Not what it used to be!”
Review of LA Frontera Cafe

LA Frontera Cafe
Ranked #967 of 1,507 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Cuisines: Mexican, South American
Reviewed 13 June 2016

I have been going to this location over 20 years. It has gone from the best to very poor to say the least. It is run down and the size of the meals have grown increasingly smaller. Your best bet is to go to the 400 South location. It is still what La Frontera is known for. Good service, large portions and good service.

Reviewed 24 March 2016

From the young woman who seated us to the waitress and cashier - all were very disinterested in our business; the waitress was down right rude. My husband's order was wrong which was corrected with a long wait and not compensation. The food was really poor in taste and appearance. My friend and I order d the same menu item, he got rice, I did not.

Reviewed 9 May 2015

it was really nice and clean ...short staff slow bringing my food and drinks.. but the price is right the staff is really nice..

Reviewed 22 April 2015

We made this a lunch stop during the course of a busy day. The service was okay. Not great but not bad. The food was delivered fairly promptly after ordering. The presentation was very good. Taste and quantity was great. It is a place that I would go to again. Not sure about any of the other dishes but all that we ordered was very good and fairly priced. It was a great lunch stop since we were in the area. Not sure that I would drive far just to eat there but since we were close. It was a good place but did not stand out as a great place to eat. The atmosphere was typical strip mall restaurant. Not good or bad. Yes I would eat there again if I make the same trip again.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

I have always loved this location. It's kind of a dive, but the food was worth it. Just after getting our meal, my daughter had to use the restroom. When she went to wash her hands there was NO water. No hot. No cold. Nothing. I ventured into the men's room to see if we could wash there. Same thing. No water. It also looked and smelled as if someone had urinated on the South wall in the men's room. The 4 of us there for lunch asked for a to go box, but threw the food away when we got home. I feel that if the water is off for employees and guests after using the restroom, the management should close for a few hours and get the problem fixed. We just returned from a fishing town in Mexico. It cost 5 pesos to use the restroom, but at least you could wash your hands. Very sad that the building looks more run down/dirty every time we go. I've gone for 15-20 years. Unfortunately, I think that was my last trip to the 700 West 1400 South location.