“Best Mexican Food...EVER!”

LA Frontera Cafe
Ranked #972 of 1,512 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Cuisines: Mexican, South American
Reviewed 20 August 2012

I love Mexican food, and I eat it often when traveling. This is hands down the best Mexican food ever. I go out of my way to eat here. I was back in Salt Lake recently and we ate there twice. Most amazing food! The atmosphere is simple, the service very personable. The chips and salsa are delicious and fresh. The smothered burrito with cheese and onions is huge and delicious. Order ala carte, you won't have room for the rice and beans.

Reviewed 31 January 2012

Simply the best...and I'm not lying when I say they have the best Dr.Pepper in the state. I crave their soda.

Reviewed 15 February 2008

Okay, while I'll admit that La Frontera is a greasy spoon, I also must admit that their bean & cheese burritos, smothered with Chili Verde is something I must have at least a few times a year. It's their signature dish & is delicious! Their nachos & salsa are also great. The prices couldn't be better & the service is fast. This a perfect place to take little kids as well. They have fries, & scrambled eggs.
If you want the best chili verde & killer nachos on the planet go to the Red Iguana in Salt Lake, but if you don't want to wait in line then try La Frontera. A guilty pleasure.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook