All reviews room was clean waffles beautiful view of the harbor boiled eggs continental breakfast third floor room ferry dock waffle maker view room stay there again an older hotel early ferry to victoria nothing fancy the staff was friendly and helpful in town two nights stayed one night
Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

We stayed here with a group and the management was very accommodating and friendly. The rooms with a view look out over the downtown area of Port Angeles and the Strait of Juan de Fuchs beyond. A little dated in decor but nice and clean with a refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker. Would recommend!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 August 2018

The motel looks basic from the outside. There is a locking mechanism to gain access to the lifts to the rooms on upper floors, right next to an open staircase, so the security seems to be superfluous.

When we arrived there was a vagrant sat outside the motel entrance, when we returned from dinner he was camped with his dog next to the soda machine in a small alcove but next to the lift access and opposite the stairway to the upper floors - this made me feel a little insecure.

The room had a great view of the harbour. The décor was rather tired, but the room was clean and the bed was comfy. There was a fridge and microwave in the room.

We took note of previous reviews about the large number of steps down to the town and decided to drive down for dinner!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

Great views from our second story room. Clean bathroom & bedroom. TV, microwave, fridge included. Bed was comfy, Black out curtains against the 430am sunrise effective. The breakfast was toast, cereal, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, and a waffle maker, but no fruit or bagels. It was pretty crowded in there with families so I didn’t eat anything, which was a bummer. The price hurt, but the location was excellent.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

I was so pleasantly surprised by this very clean well appointed little motel. All the conveniences of home including refrigerator, microwave, coffee, etc. Excellent caring service. Breakfast included was a plus I hadn’t been aware of.

This was as nice of an experience as I have had in some five star hotels, hence the excellent rating.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 May 2018

I have read many reviews for Port Angeles Inn, most of them are 4 or 5 star reviews. I cannot give such high marks for this property. The price was right and I booked it because of the location close to downtown. I asked for a room with a sea view and I got it. The mattress was firm and I like a firm mattress. Now for the negatives. When I entered the room there was such a strong musty odor from the room not being occupied for months. I opened the window and turned on the fan to air out the room. I wish they had done that prior to my arrival. That's right there is no A/C. It was ok this time as it isn't very hot yet. I do not recommend staying here in the summer months. There is carpet on the floor but there was no padding under the carpet. It felt just like I was walking on a hard bare floor. I could hear the person above me walking around. It would have been so nice to come back to a nice cushy carpet after a day of walking. I could also hear the flushing of the toilet sometimes. There was a fridge and microwave and that was convenient, but these are appliances from more than a decade ago. The fridge did not feel cold at all. It started cooling after about 12 hours. When I returned to the room after the first day I checked to see if the microwave had been cleaned and it had not been cleaned. I know because I had pizza the night before and I left crumbs all over. I almost cleaned it myself but that is not my job. I just hope they clean it before the next guest arrives. The bathroom was ok but the lighting was dim and I did not put on my makeup in there. The bathtub looked clean but I opted for the shower. Towels and toiletries were provided and replenished.
This property is so outdated there was an ice machine downstairs. Also when I walked up and down the stairs I noticed how dirty the carpet on the stairs were. There were large patches that is water stained. There was also tape covering some of the stairs holding the carpet together I guess. I had little interaction with the staff but they were accommodating. I cannot comment on the continental breakfast I chose to skip it as there were places near by that served a real breakfast and I went to one of those places. It was ok for the price I paid but I don't think it deserved the 4 and 5 star ratings. This property needs updating and serious renovations if it wants to remain competitive in a town that has lots of low cost motels and inns.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo