Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Macon West
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewscinnamon rollsnice hotelroom was cleananswered the phonenice staybreakfast areamacon westwould definitely stay here againother hotelsthe young ladysausageyogurtfront desk staffbusiness tripa great place to stayfree breakfastup to date
Reviewed 25 June 2011

My family and I stayed at this hotel in June on our way from FL to OH. The hotel was very very clean, very up to date, and quiet. There is a nice saltwater pool in the back (outdoor) and delicious cookies as soon as you enter the hotel. Breakfasts at Holiday Inns are great, complete with their automatic pancake maker, which our family loves. This hotel is in a nice quiet setting, but has many restaurants and shopping options close by. It was a great stay!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 May 2011

Had an early issue with the front desk. Please note that this is only my second negative review of any hotel. The only other complaint was at a $400 plus a night hotel in the Carribean where we spent a night with a broken a/c.

The front desk attendant that I dealt with was exceptionally rude and while I only mentioned a conversation I had with her concerning a reservation, she wanted to argue.
Our room had stains in three chairs and we saw two bugs.

I will let you use your discretion as to whether or not this is where you would like to stay. Everyone except the maids and the people that prepared breakfast were not friendly. The complimentary breakfast was in keeping with other properties that offer it.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank JPritchett
Reviewed 9 May 2011

Nice hotel. It was not very busy the night we were there so we had the place to ourselves! Sat by the pool for breakfast and enjoyed the quiet. It's far enough off the by-pass to be quiet. Lots of places to eat nearby.

Sleep quality must have been good as I shut off the alarm and woke up an hour later! Woke rested!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2010

Stayed 1 night on our way home from Florida. Newly renovated and very clean. Right off the interstate near a mall and several fast food joints.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2010

As mentioned earlier by another traveler they have a strange deposit necessary if you want to pay cash for your stay upon check-in. Very strange/suspicious. The hotel is now 2 years old and appears in good condition, however they apparently need to do a better job with pest control. While relaxing in our room after dinner, my daughter's friend jumped from the other bed and screamed when she saw a bug in the bed. I puled back the pillows and saw a HUGE insect of some kind (cockroach?). I immediately went to the front desk to let them know we had a problem. The clerk kept repeating "It was in the bed?!?"...yes, it was in the bed. She said "oh, must be a water bug" She apologized and moved us to a larger room and took $10 off our nightly rate (big deal!). She went on to say, "we spray for them, but there isn't much else we can do" Needless to say the experience left us with a bad impression of the place even tho it is still relatively new. Bugs in the beds=deal breaker. Stay away!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family