“A Good Meal, Mediocre Service”

La Parrilla Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 381 Restaurants in Macon
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

My wife and I visited this location on a Saturday for lunch. We were seated promptly but waited about 20 minutes before our drink orders were taken and another 15 before our meal orders were taken. The waitress we had was not overly attentive to things such as bringing or refilling our drinks. The food was good, better than when I had been previously, in fact. I had not been here in several years because it failed to impress me in the past, but management has paid attention to revamping the menu and ensuring quality food. Bottom line: I'll certainly give it another shot.

Thank John P. L
La Parrilla M, Public Relations Manager at La Parrilla Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2018

Thank you for the feedback, John! Our service is a top priority, so we apologize it was not as good as expected. We will relay this information to our team and hope you will come back and see us!

Best regards,

La Parrilla Customer Service

Reviewed 30 December 2017

Family friendly atmosphere. We went for lunch and I had the Taco Loco. It was excellent. I wasn't expecting it to be so big and had some left to take home. Service was good.

Reviewed 21 December 2017

My favorite Mexican Restaurant in Macon. The service is always good and friendly staff. The food is always GREAT and just the way you ordered it

Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

So in Macon's defense, I'm born and raised in Sunny San Diego so my standards for Mexican are... For REAL Mexican Food. I keep hearing about TexMex and I'm like oh that americanized Mexican #ThatsANoForMeAlex

Anyways, my experience... I've given La Parilla a try on several occasions. I've tried their combo plates and their quesadaillas, their enchiladas and even the (wack) chimichanga hoping for anything other than... Bland truthfully. My final conclusion it maybe its good for Georgians who ONLY know TexMex but guys, this place is extremely average. The beans are all mush, not one whole bean in sight. The rice is colored but has no flavor strangely. The salsa is OK. The queso is OK. The guacamole broke my heart and they have the nerve to charge 99 cents for a tsp of the crap. Want REAL MEXICAN, go to La Delicia on Pio No-no. Nowhere near as well known but wayyyyy authentic. The fact that there's no "carne asada" on the menu here or El Sombrero is so sad to me because you can get every thing from carne asada fries, chips, burritos etc at home and out here, I don't even think anyone knows what that is sadly.

In short, if you like basic and bland, go for it. Buttt if you KNOW what real Mexican is, do not waste your time or money.

Reviewed 21 November 2017 via mobile

Stopped in again. Best Mexican. Stuffed peppers are great. I had combo plate. Fish tacos are great. Ask for best waitress Deli. Tell her Valdosta couple sent ya. She is tremendous.