“Always a fav, outside seating, friendly laid back atmosphere, live music sometimes”
Review of The Rookery

The Rookery
Ranked #6 of 406 Restaurants in Macon
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 1 August 2015 via mobile

The Rookery is a perfect place to meet up with friends or go for almost any occasion. Their pimento cheese and chicken salad is excellent and though it's not advertised they do sell it by the pound for you to take either home with you. They have a great bar list including a huge beer selection. Just beware- get there early
Or go on off times as they get a wait list rather quickly and at times it can take over an hour for a table.

Reviewed 31 July 2015 via mobile

We enjoyed lunch today at Rookery, a storefront eatery on Cherry Street in downtown Macon, GA. A few groups were seated at the outside tables, but the inside was surprisingly packed with guests! No wait for a table though. Lots of dark wood and low lighting add to the cool atmosphere.

Rookery was suggested by a friend who described it as a "burger joint with really good burgers". To tell the truth, I looked at the burgers on the back page, and they sounded just fine, but I kept being pulled back to the list of appetizers. I had 3 as my entree: fried green tomatoes (5-6 thick slices with two dips), a sampler of their pimiento cheese on crostini and chicken salad on crostini (4 total), and a large plate of fried dill pickle strips. Soooo much food, I took a to-go box!

Attentive, friendly, and efficient young man served us. We definitely will return when we are in Macon again. Oh, my husband had the Allman Band Burger with onion rings, and he rated it excellent, too!

Reviewed 29 July 2015 via mobile

Pub/restaurant located downtown. Burgers and shakes named after famous people. Good atmosphere, friendly and attentive staff. Will visit again when in Macon.

Reviewed 29 July 2015

Had a bit of a problem parking, because th city had some parking places closed right outside the door. Did find a place around the corner, but had a bit of difficulty pushing my husband in his transport chair over the rough and uneven pavement.

Server, Haley! Was awesome. Very friendly,news the menu side out. We had fist and chips and they were awesome. Loved the batter on the fish. Coleslaw was a bit tart for my taste so I sprinkled some sugar on it. My husband liked it really well.

The restrooms are not wheelchair friendly. There is a 2" lip to go up into the restroom.

Booths on the right hand side are very dark. I had a lot of problem reading the menu. My husband couldn't read it at all.

Definitely a must and we will go back.

Reviewed 27 July 2015 via mobile

The Rookery is my husband and I favorite restaurant in Georgia, they make the best burgers, so good and you can get them made however you want. Really awesome staff! And they always have a lot of craft beers, which is always a bonus. Really cool place. If you haven't been there yet, go right now! Just kidding but definitely worth a visit!

Been to The Rookery? Share your experiences!