Sani Lodge
Yasuni Waorani Camp(Yasuni National Park)
US$239
Hosteria Remanso Lodge(Pedro Vicente Maldonado)(Great Value!)
US$56
Hotel Filatelia(Quito)(Great Value!)
US$43
US$36
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$40/night.

US$30
  • Restaurant
Casa El Eden(Quito)
US$171
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshot watercamping areapiranha fishingthe riveroil companieslocal communitynatural historycommunity visitcanoe rideguide victorcommunity centerspecies of birdscreepy crawliesrubber bootsnight walkblack caimansbird tower
Reviewed 6 September 2012

This trip being my first visit to a rainforest lodge I was coming with a mixed bag of expectations and have to say I was positively surprised in most aspects. The location of the lodge on the edge of a small lake is just perfectly picturesque, the sleeping bungalows are pretty and spacious, the service of the staff is very attentive and friendly.
Besides walks through the nature where hi was incredible at finding the most concealed birds, mammals, reptiles and other "stuff" our expert indigenous guide Juan also took us to a village of the community which owns and runs the lodge, which added a lot to the whole experience.
Despite my "lastest" minute booking everything went smoothly, from being transferred from Coca and back to the whole stay. Big thanks and recommendation!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank vela71
Reviewed 1 August 2012

Loved our stay at Sani lodge! The location, surrounding environment were incredible, so peaceful and such a diversity of plants and animals to observe. Our guides (one native and one bilingual, though both were originally from the community) were great at pointing out different creatures that we never would have seen on our own. i especially enjoyed the night hike :).
The hospitality/food and facilties were also great, far exceeding my expectations considering the remote location.. the food was delicious, and served with great attention. The staff were all very helpful and friendly, from the time we were met at the airport to when we were accompanied to the bus station in Coca - we felt quite spoiled. The bartender even met us on the dock after our hikes with a tray of fresh juice- nice touch.
A final tip, I would highly recommend to camping area. I loved being so close to the jungle, and the beds (mattress with sheet) were just as comfortable as anywhere else I stayed in Ecuador.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 July 2012

I had the pleasure of visiting Sani Lodge in April (2012), chaperoning with a group of 8th graders. we had the perfect experience! the hikes through the rainforest were amazing; there's nothing seeing wildlife in the jungle! the accommodations were excellent; the huts were cozy, the bar overlooked the beautiful lagoon (and served some spectacular cocktails:), the restaurant was a great place to reconvene with each other and talk about the days' adventures over delicious meals. but the true beauty and joy of trip were our hosts. I can't say enough about the staff at Sani. they are brilliant, kind, knowledgeable, wonderfully fun, friendly, sweet, I could go on and on. this was my fifth trip to the Amazon rainforest, and although the jungle is magical, it is the wonderful people who live and work there that keep me coming back. I absolutely recommend
Visiting Sani Lodge for a perfect, life changing experience!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 July 2012

I went here on a school trip and stayed here for about 5 days. The food must've been the best part! I learned so much when we went on hikes--especially when we went up to the canopy tower! I could see EVERYTHING! They made us very comfortable every day and they were very welcoming! Superior service. ¡Gracias!

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 10 July 2012

We stayed at the Sani Lodge in July 2011. There were four of us, my husband and two children ages 10 and 13. We had a fantastic time. We enjoyed the hikes through the rainforest during the days and nights. Some of the insects we saw were amazing. The platform in the tree canopy was also great. I have a fear of heights but was not bothered once I got to the top. The birds and monkeys you could see from up there were incredible. My 13 year old son loved the piranha fishing. One day we went looking for the pink river dolphins but didn't have any luck. We did see some beautiful parts of the river though and got to hold a baby boa constrictor during one of our stops. I have to say the highlight of our stay at the Sani Lodge was going into their community on our last day. They were so welcoming to my family. My husband and kids and the other people in our group played soccer with the local kids and had a blast. The other thing I loved was the sound of all the insects and animals at night. It's magical. The accomodations are comfortable but pretty basic. Our bed was comfortable and had mosquito nets although I don't think we saw too many mosquitos. The food was good and I loved having fresh juices and eggs cooked to order every morning. My 10 year old is a very picky eater and he had a hard time with the food at the lodge but I will say the staff went out of their way to try to accomodate him, especially Bruno. The guides we had were great too. Sani Lodge is a very special place for so many reasons and I would love to go back.

Room Tip: Try the bananas they have by the dock. They are the best tasting bananas I've ever had.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family