“Great Staff!”
Review of SP Hotel Montanita

SP Hotel Montanita
Ranked #23 of 43 Montanita B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 July 2017

We stayed in an 8 person room altogether and it was fun! Simple, easy, convenient and the staff was awesome. Super welcoming all the time and breakfast was Best part was it was close to the beach!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
RivieraPS, Manager at SP Hotel Montanita, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2017

Thank you for you kind words!
Hope you girls have a nice time back at Guayaquil.
And hopefully you will get a chance to come back to Montañita soon.
The sun appeared today and is shining and making it all hot. It looks like we will have a nice week.
See you soon!

Reviewed 5 June 2017

It is a beautiful spot, the staff is serious and helpful and the view, from the top floor, is amazing: you get to see the beach, the river and the town from a really privileged place.
The rates are low, and the hotel is actually 3 times better than what I would have thought for the price they ask.
I'd love to come back again!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
RivieraPS, Gerente at SP Hotel Montanita, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2017

Thanks! We´ll be happy to have you back. :)

Reviewed 2 March 2017

My partner and I travelled around the majority of South America for 5 months. This was the worst place we stayed on our entire trip for multiple reasons: facilities, distance, hotel under construction + mainly the hotel manager.

We stayed in the sister hotel to the Riviera, situated about a 15 minute walk from the centre of montañita.

Besides the fact that there was no toilet paper, no WiFi (despite advertisement), no hot water (despite advertisement), no window (one pane was just removed for no reason) and a broken door handle, we hated our stay here for one reason: The Abusive Manager.

When I asked about the lack of the above ^, the manager who was still drunk at 11am proceeded to become aggressive to the point of being physically threatening. He shouted at me to "sue him" if I didn't enjoy my stay and to leave Ecuador. My partner and I were very scared, as he had other men joining in in the abuse. We left quickly and took some time to reflect.

There are many great places to stay in Montañita, but this one should be avoided at all costs.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple

Ross,
Thanks for your review.
We apologize for all the inconveniences you suffered because of our bad services and crazy manager. We are very sorry for that experience you went trough and sincerely wish you the best.
We are trying to improve in all areas.
Sorry again, Ross.
Regards

Reviewed 20 September 2016 via mobile

slept for 3 nights in a 4 bed dorms, you can definitely find a better place with a nicer atmosphere than here. 2 young couples, should have slept in chichi Babylon which is much more lively. the hotel itself is clean and tidy though.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Itay A
RivieraPS, Manager at SP Hotel Montanita, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2017

We are very sorry for the inconveniences. We are trying to improve and offer the best service.
Next time you come to Montañita pass by and visit us!
Riviera Pacific

Reviewed 13 September 2016

My husband and I were meeting friends in Montanita. They had already made reservations at RPSH and so we opted to make reservations there too. I called the hotel. I was told they had availability and they took my information. I was told I needed to make a 50% deposit into their bank account to hold the reservation (they did not accept credit cards), so I asked for their bank information. I was told if I "liked" their Facebook page they would send me the info. Although I thought that was a pretty sneaky way to get a like, I did as they asked. I was never sent any info so a couple of days later I called back. They said they still had my reservation and would send me the deposit information. I followed that call up with an email. Later that evening I checked my email to see if I received the deposit info from them. What I did receive was a message telling me that since I did not make the deposit they re-sold the room and there was no longer any availability, so I made a reservation at a neighbouring hotel. Upon arrival in Montanita we walked past this hotel and were thankful our reservation did not go through. You can see the pool area from the street. The pool is the size of a large hot tub. The area is surrounded by artificial turf that is in need of trimming. The bamboo railings were partly painted and partly natural, all in need of attention. To get to the upper floors you have to take a rickety bamboo circular staircase. Our friends stated that they were not happy with their room on the 4th floor or the lack of service. They spent most of their free time over at our hotel.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple

We are very sorry for the inconveniences. We have been trying to improve a lot and we think that right now we offer a much better service than 8 months ago.

Next time you come to Montañita please visit us. We hope we will surprise you :)