SP Hotel Montanita
Selina Montanita(Montanita)
US$39
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 September 2016

My husband and I were meeting friends in Montanita. They had already made reservations at RPSH and so we opted to make reservations there too. I called the hotel. I was told they had availability and they took my information. I was told I needed to make a 50% deposit into their bank account to hold the reservation (they did not accept credit cards), so I asked for their bank information. I was told if I "liked" their Facebook page they would send me the info. Although I thought that was a pretty sneaky way to get a like, I did as they asked. I was never sent any info so a couple of days later I called back. They said they still had my reservation and would send me the deposit information. I followed that call up with an email. Later that evening I checked my email to see if I received the deposit info from them. What I did receive was a message telling me that since I did not make the deposit they re-sold the room and there was no longer any availability, so I made a reservation at a neighbouring hotel. Upon arrival in Montanita we walked past this hotel and were thankful our reservation did not go through. You can see the pool area from the street. The pool is the size of a large hot tub. The area is surrounded by artificial turf that is in need of trimming. The bamboo railings were partly painted and partly natural, all in need of attention. To get to the upper floors you have to take a rickety bamboo circular staircase. Our friends stated that they were not happy with their room on the 4th floor or the lack of service. They spent most of their free time over at our hotel.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
RivieraPS, Manager at SP Hotel Montanita, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2017

We are very sorry for the inconveniences. We have been trying to improve a lot and we think that right now we offer a much better service than 8 months ago.

Next time you come to Montañita please visit us. We hope we will surprise you :)

Reviewed 5 September 2016

i stayed in montanita on 4 different occasions
total around 4 months and i stayed in many hostels but in this one i spent the most time. its a perfect place to feel really good at after being outside all day in the sun and sand, i would come to a clean room AC great bed and overall comfort.
Also this place is perfect for girls. i didnt mind cold showers and dirty floors at other hostels but my GF loved that their bathrooms are huge and shower is hot :)

Room Tip: first floor rooms are the best, also if you feel like chilling at a big pool ask the staff about it.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much, Slava, for your kind words and excellent recommendation. We hope to have you with us again soon enough!

Reviewed 12 August 2015

The hotel i not cleaned daily. The cleaning staff was missing and not replaced while I was there. The hotel is located opposite a dirty river which attracts mosquitoes. In the back of the hotel, there was a very strong bad smell.

Stayed: August 2015
Reviewed 1 September 2014

The Riviera Pacific Suites, located on the estuary about 4 blocks from the beach in Monanita, is well situated for easy beach access and minimization of noise from the festivities. Our two room suite on the top floor had a fabulous view of the ocean. Our unit was immaculate and well appointed, with a very comfortable bed. Unfortunately, An up-to-date and well appointed suite does not rate a 5 if ..... There was no hot water on arrival, there were no towels for the bathroom, the AC unit had be be unplugged and plugged in, since no remote was provided to adjust the tmeperature and showering al freco without a winddow curtain is only for exhibitionists. having said, that, we will consider staying there again, being forwarned of the small but annoying issues.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rex A
Reviewed 29 August 2014

The rooms are well appointed and the bed was comfortable. Nice deck and view.
We had some problems however. Luke warm (at best) shower, had to ask fot t.p. and towels. Slippery floor and no bath mat. No curtain in the bathroom. No water in the pool, no advertised bar. Despite all that...I would go back if I could not find a nicer place confirmed by a friend.

Room Tip: 4 th floor, room 16 has a view.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple