See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 May 2016 via mobile

Was there with my wife and also with our small son - chihuahua, and owner is super friendly, and all was nice have nice attitude, very quiet, we strongly recommend to all hoo visit Montañita.
Will return in this hotel again once in Montañita.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2015 via mobile

Nice place to stay, clean rooms, felt very safe, clean pool and very short walk to the beach. It's a 5 minute walk from the center of town so it is also quiet. I just thought it was a little pricey for this area... But all and all, a good experience.

Stayed: July 2015
Reviewed 25 April 2015 via mobile

About a five minute walk from town, the swisspoint fit our needs perfectly. Nice little front porch, iguana neighbors, and good Wi-Fi and air conditioning.
Would definitely stay here again.
Sink had only cold water, but at these temps not a big deal.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 October 2014

Good points - quieter than others - as it's not right in the centre, but a 4 min walk from it. But rooms do have some road noise - nothing serious. Rooms are in ok condition and there is a pool if you want one.
Bad points - service is not great at all. The shower goes from boiling to cold every 2 minutes (and I normally manage to make most difficult showers work, but not this one!) There was no wifi for 1 of the 2 days I stayed there. More expensive than most other options in the town. And they can't take cards, despite what Booking.com says, so you need to pay cash. TV is tiny (but I didn't check if it works).
There are plenty other options. If during the week and in the low season, you can negotiate a good rate with other hotels. I moved to Alebrijes Montanita for Tue-Fri for $20 for a double room looking over the beach. And the beachfront hotel next door also wanted $20, but without an ocean view.
Also, Otro Mundo has very basic cabanas further down the beach (2 mins by taxi, 15 min walk down the beach) for $15 a night or shared rooms for $5 - if you're a couple, you get the room to yourself for $10!

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled solo
swisspoint, Owner at Swisspoint, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2014

Thank you for your review.
We are sorry about the problems with the warm water. Actually the water pressure is not constant. The company is working on it. WiFi was working, we just forgot to give you the password as we gave you the possibility to check in already at 8 am instead of 2 pm without additional cost. As we ask you whether you want to pay cash or with credit card, you decided cash. You have booked by booking.com and you accepted the price. Nobody is obligate to book at Swisspoint with our prices, everybody is free to choose the accommodation according his requirements and budget. Regarding our prices, we are 100% sure that our prices is very fair according our services.

Reviewed 16 September 2014

i stayed here a couple of years ago but have finally signed up to trip advisor so had to back track and write all my most memorable reviews! this place was lovely, clean, tidy, fresh, big rooms, well priced, great breakfast area, quiet and exceptional service. My credit cards, wallet etc was all stolen in cuzco, and no-one there would help me out, by the time i arrived here in ecuador the hotel manager went above and beyond to look after me and help me track down my cards etc, allowing me to make long distance phone calls and not charging me. he was truly amazing and i will never ever forget their hospitality especially when I was in need and out of my comfort zone from my recent experience. Since this experience I have spent a lot of time travelling through the americas and have never since experienced such unrequited generosity. I will without any hesitation highly recommend and always remember the kindness and care, as well as the loveliness of the hotel. Thank you so much, and sorry I took so long to write this down! :)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends