See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 June 2015

Unlike any accommodation I have ever known, Pousada Canto Bravo is a hidden gem in every sense of the word. This is the place to come if you want to hide from the world and enjoy private paradise! Spend the extra for an upper loft to ensure cooler nights!

Date of stay: February 2015
Reviewed 7 November 2014

The beach is one of my favorites of Sao Paulo's coast, great for anyone who loves adventure, trekking, surf and waterfalls. Be aware that to get there you have to go for a 5 hour hike (absolutely worthy) or a one hour boat ride.
This place makes Bonete even better! It is absolutely gorgeous.. It has a rustic and romantic decoration that makes you fall in love even more. The food is just amazing! Try their special caipirinha too! And their lab Rara is such a cutie dog! The staff is very kind and friendly.
I had one amazing experience there and for sure will come back. It is def a special place!

Date of stay: December 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 May 2013

If you seek peace and quiet - at a yet quite untouched paradise - this is the place. We hiked back and forth. Not the easiest hike (you will need to walk across a small river), but totally doable. We had our backpacks only, good hiking shoes, and lots of bug spray , so the thing is: just don't bring too much, because you actually wont need it.
The charming decorated rooms, with candles and lots of windows for natural lighting, the amazing view to the ocean, and the romantic and peaceful atmosphere just make this pousada one of the best I have ever stayed at - both in Brazil and abroad. If not, the best!
Food is also good, though a bit expensive. The inn keepers and young servers were very nice.
Can't wait to go back!

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank anaduran
Reviewed 22 March 2013

Where do I even begin describing a place that can only be experienced. We hiked to the inn - yes, it is a long, challenging hike for 2 50 yr olds but of course not for our 20 yr old son. Also - thank goodness he is fluent as we would not have faired too well otherwise. Our son made the arrangements so we didn't know what we were in for - and man - what a delight! Dont expect wifi service - there is NO electricity! (what an unexpected treat). (as my son said when we first discovered the candles - - you dont stay here for the free wifi!) The inn, rooms, dining room, bar, can only be described as charming and eclectic. Every time I woke during the night, i tried to stay awake because i wanted to soak it all in. Really... it is a magical place. The food at the restaurant is hyper local and fantastic. The inn keepers and young servers were delightful. OK. the one downside - the reviews about the bugs are true. I made the mistake after not being bitten the first day, of falling asleep on the beach the next morning for an hour. I paid for it for a week. Just bring bug spray. Other than that - a truly fascinating place I could have stayed more nights. We took the boat back. The hike is doable for sure but we had too much to see/do in Brazil for another 4+ hr trek.

Date of stay: March 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank claycourtdad
Reviewed 19 March 2013

Had a great trip to Ilhabela and the stay at Pousada Canto Bravo made it really worthwhile. The initial boat ride started with a bit of turn off as the boat guy tried to get some money out of me, but the hotel manager Andrea brushed him off when we highlighted to her about the bargaining the boat guy tried to do.
The place is serene, peaceful and very very relaxing. No light in the rooms - except candle light, no artificial fluffy 5 start stuff. But if you like peace (no cell phone, no e-mails etc) thats the place.
The weather turned bad just before my planned departure, Andrea did her best to arrange a boat and she even had to make calls from a local phone which was partially working to reach some one in the other side of the strait to get the boat. Commendable attitude and friendliness. (She was a sailor before so she can judge the sea and advise if it is safe !!)
Overall Great place.

Ambiance - 9/10
Overall experience - 8/10 (well, did not enjoy the bumpy boat ride !!!)
room - 8/10
restaurant - 8/10
friendliness - 10/10
Quality of stay - 9/10
return for vacation - YES YES

Room tip: There are less than 10 rooms including the salon. I had a standard room and was fabulous.
Date of stay: March 2013