“Great lunch deal”

Ming Sushi and Steakhouse
Ranked #30 of 263 Restaurants in New Bedford
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed 14 February 2017

We had the all-you-can-eat sushi lunch for $15.95 each. There was a wide range of sushi and maki to choose from. It included two soup selections, salad, rice, and a huge assortment of freshly made sushi. It was all excellent. You can bring your own wine or beer, but not hard liquor. You can order as much as you want, reorder if you like, but you must eat what you order or face an added charge. Nice interior, quiet setting, although we were there during a snowstorm, so it wasn't busy. Highly recommend it!

1  Thank artp3272017

Reviewed 6 November 2016

All you can eat sushi might not sound all that appealing but Ming Sushi pulls it off successfully. Their menu is pretty extensive and the sushi is delicious and appetizing. The restaurant is located downtown, with random decor and fast service. The star of the show is the all you can eat sushi. So order away...and enjoy your meal!

Reviewed 29 June 2016

I am just recently getting into sushi and let me tell you, this place is fantastic! I have heard great things about it, but was never into sushi. Now I can't get enough. I typically order takeout, but I just recently ate in the restaurant and tried the all you can eat option for $20.95 (dinner).

The guy that waited on us was awesome. Funny, helpful and quick! Made us feel very comfortable when we told him this was out first time and even recommended some good rolls to order. The Vegas roll is by far my favorite. I could eat 5 rolls myself!

One thing to note is that when ordering all you can eat, make sure you can eat what you order. If you order anything and don't finish it, they charge you 50% of what the normal menu price is (on top of the all you can eat fee). Not a big deal, just don't order 10 rolls right off the bat. Order 2-3, eat it and see how you feel. They will continue to serve you until they close.

Overall great place and great sushi. I would highly recommend trying this place out. The Vegas roll, Fantasy roll, Spicy California roll and Rainbow Roll are amazing! Enjoy!

2  Thank Robert P
Reviewed 15 May 2016

We got the all you can eat option and weren't really disappointed. There were a few hiccups though. We had to remind the server that it was all you can eat so that we could keep ordering. We didn't get everything we ordered. You fill out while feels like a bingo sheet of the items you want. They bring it to the kitchen and food slowly starts to pour out. We never got the quantities we listed and some items just never came out at all. We didn't get a single chicken tempura.

Reviewed 10 May 2016

I like Ming. Don't get me wrong. I would love to give it 4 starts, or even 5.. I just can't due to some issues I've had with service. The food is very good. I enjoy the sushi and appetizers very much, and my husband enjoys the hibachi off the menu.
As this is an all you can eat restaurant, they give you a paper to order from (check off 1 order of fried rice, 1 California Roll, 1 Miso soup..) that's what they bring you. Usually in an all you can eat restaurant, they tell you to "eat all you take".. however Ming has a rule that if you don't eat it.. you pay for it additional on top of your bill.
I understand that this prevents some people from ordering one of everything, but it's really unfair to some who just want to try something new. What if they don't like it? Or what if you're just too full?
What I've noticed they like to do is bring out the other foods that they call "appetizers" (everything other than Sushi is considered this) and then they hold your sushi until you've finished everything.
That does 2 things to anger me. First, I like to eat all my food together, and they're causing me to delay my dinner. Second, They're making me fill up on the appetizers so I won't have room to order more sushi. The last time I went in my party was one of two occupied tables in the place. It was Dead. I had a clear view of the sushi area, and while my husband enjoyed his hibachi, I sat there, with my appetizers sitting in front of me, looking at my sushi sitting there waiting to be served. My waiter just standing there, staring at me. Eventually I asked "Is that mine?" he said "Yes", when I asked "Can I have it?" he hesitated like he wasn't supposed to give it to me yet, but then grudgingly brought it over.
This is why I can't give 5 stars.

Oh, lastly.. if you do with a large party and want to get separate papers to order your sushi per party? Good luck. For some reason the waste of paper is highly frowned upon in this establishment. They'd rather you order a ton of sushi on one paper, have it all come on one plate and then have to figure out who got what.

But the food is good, so alas, I will return.

Oh... And they do not service alcohol, but you can bring your own. As I don't drink I don't care. But I know this is a deal breaker for some.

1  Thank ShoreNSeaTravelUSA