Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Andaz Maui At Wailea Resort(Wailea)
Hale Ho'omana(Makawao)
4,816 results
All reviewsko restaurantcafe ciaosuite hotelnick's fish marketcanoe experienceadult poolfour seasonspresident's clubswim up barbreakfast buffetupper poolliving roomour honeymoontwo sinksocean viewwalk in showertop notch
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 October 2017

Their customer service never disappoints! Check in is always exciting with the necklaces given. Bed cozy. Not the newest room. Always great you by your name. Casual atmosphere. Open air walkway to your room. Really nice torch lighting each evening and fun scavenger hunt!

Review collected in partnership with fairmont.com
FairmontKeaLaniMaui, Director of Guest Experience at Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2017

Aloha dadkins772016. It’s outstanding you had a wonderful stay and especially enjoyed the torch lighting ceremony each night at sunset. I greatly appreciate you recognizing the high level of service of our staff. We strive to get to know each of our guests by name, so it’s terrific to learn that this impacted your experience. We look forward to welcoming you back to the resort in the future.

Reviewed 18 October 2017

Had another great experience at the Kea Lani, from room suites to world-class golf to luxurious spa and pool - - 'OUR room' was waiting for us in grand style on arrival and our long weekend getaway from Honolulu couldn't have been better....can't wait to return! thank you Fairmont!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with fairmont.com

Aloha T8938AE! Thank you for returning to the Fairmont Kea Lani for your recent inner island getaway. We work hard to provide our guests with exceptional service and memorable experiences, so we are extremely pleased that your stay was so enjoyable right from the start. We can't wait to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 18 October 2017

Our suite was nice - large and comfortable. Free shuttle around Wailea area was very handy and timely, easy to call. However, I did not feel the value for money in the hotel - everything was significantly more expensive that what I have experienced in other high end resorts. For example, a beer is provided in a 1/3 size for twice the price; bar and grill basic food and overpriced. We had an issue with the in resort spa and their rules related to a promotion - I complained to the concierge who resolved it. I felt I shouldn't have had to escalate though - let logic and common sense prevail instead of another hotel money-grab!
I have had better value in the Caribbean, on a cruise, and in Asia.

2  Thank 626belindam

Aloha and thank you for your honest review, 626belindam. While I’m pleased to learn that you enjoyed some aspects of your visit, it’s tremendously disappointing to learn that others had such a negative effect on your experience. I sincerely apologize that you did not see the value in your overall experience. All your comments have been promptly addressed with the appropriate departments, including the spa, and we will implore changes based on your review. Again, we’re truly sorry for falling short and hope you will return in the future so we can provide the five-star luxury experience you deserve.

Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed at this Fairmont for 7 nights with my family and everything from start to finish was amazing!

Check-in: the staff were friendly and had our room ready right away. We got upgraded to an ocean view suite with 2 double beds as I have 2 young children. We received an aloha welcome with Hawaiian lei's and a delicious island drink upon arrival. The kids also received a sand bucket with shovels for the beach. There is a $38 resort fee which covers your parking, internet, bottled water, and free use of some of the equipment like golf clubs and snorkelling gear. The bellman took all of our luggage and personally brought us to our room and told us a little about the hotel.

Room: our room was on the 6th floor (7 floors total) and was clean and spacious with a contemporary-Hawaiian feel and furnishings. We were pleasantly surprised to find a bottle of champagne and chocolates in our room as we were celebrating my birthday and anniversary. I would definitely let the hotel know if you are celebrating a special occasion. When you first walk in, you have an entry-way with a generous sized countertop on one side with a microwave, fridge, coffee maker and tea kettle. On the other side is the door to the huge bathroom with 2 double sinks, large soaker tub and shower. The bathroom also connects to the bedroom which had the 2 double beds, tv and access to the outside balcony. The only thing I would change is to have 2 queen sized beds or at least 1 queen and 1 double as there is enough space in the room and this would be more comfortable for sleeping. The main living room is spacious with another tv and another door to the balcony. The large couch also has a pull out double bed if needed, however we never used it. There is also a small office desk in the living room. There is more counter space with the tv stand and also has drawers if needed. The wrap-at round balcony was huge and had amazing views of the ocean and below us was the adult pool. The A/C was also very good and helped to cool us down. The coat closet also has a safe if needed. The cleaning staff at the Fairmont were also amazing! They cleaned the rooms thoroughly and even provided extra bottles of water for the kids. If you needed anything they were happy to assist you and very efficient.

Amenities/pool: each floor has a free use laundry room with 1 washer and 1 dryer and the ice machine. It was very useful to have access to this as we did a couple of loads of laundry in our trip, epically when you have kids. You can bring your own laundry detergent or buy some from the market at the Fairmont. There are 3 main pools at this hotel, a main pool, upper pool with water slide, and an adult pool. There is also a small baby pool beside the main pool. There is also 2 hot tubs. The main pool is large with 3 sections, a smaller side for kids, a deeper side with a water basketball net and another smaller side with connects the bottom of the water slide and has a waterfall at the end of it. The upper pool is nice with 1 of the hot tubs and the beginning of the water slide. This is also where the swim up AMA restaurant/bar is. The waterslide is fun and all pools except the adult pool are fun for kids. There is also free sunscreen, aloe lotion, and water at the main pool if needed. There are ample beach towels at the main pool centre and no need to sign out towels like other resorts. The staff also walk around with chilled face towels and pineapple bites throughout the day at the pool, such a nice touch. The beach is also very nice with soft sand and a great view. Sign out an umbrella at the beach hut and the staff will set up the umbrella and lounge chairs in the beach for you. My kids loved playing in the sand with their Fairmont sand buckets and splashing in the clean ocean. One time a turtle even swam beside us, so cool.
They also have a variety of daily activities for kids and adults such as feeding the koi fish at the pond, hula/lei classes, lighting if the torch, fire dance performance, wine tastings etc. The hotel provides you with a list when you check-in. There is also an un-parented kids club at this resort; a morning session and an afternoon session which you need to sign up for at the concierge desk. However your children must be 5 years or older to participate.

Spa: the willow spa is amazing! I had a massage and pedicure done. When you first check-in they give you a short tour and then proceed to the locker room where you receive your own locker with code and a robe with slippers and towel. There is a main lounge area with snacks, water, tea and coffee. Then in the women's locker area there is another lounge area, steam room, tropical shower rooms (these were cool), heated tile benches with a table and magazines. There are also regular showers available. They have everything you need in the locker room including, shampoo, conditioner, soap, razors, lotion, hair dryer, combs etc. No need to bring anything. You can spend the whole day here if you like.

Restaurants: we tried all the restaurants on the property including the marketplace. Breakfast was pricey, but overall good with a great selection of food. We ended up buying a few breakfast items at the marketplace and the Safeway near buy. AMA bar and grill was pretty good and they always had special for lunch and dinner. Ko restaurant was just ok. I thought it was quite pricey for the food we received. They did however provided me a Birthday lei upon arrival which was a nice touch. We tried the happy hour at Nick's Fishmarket which was pretty good; we tried the sliders, fish taco, sushi, coconut shrimp and of course the drink of the day. The great thing at the Fairmont is that kids 5 and under eat free which is another nice touch and of course cost saving. It was great having the various restaurants on property when you don't feel like driving outside of the hotel, but we also ventured out to eat at some really great Maui restaurants. Totally recommend the food trucks on kihei, they were amazing and a great value!

Location: the Fairmont is located in Wailea which is the dryer side of the island. It is also near shops and restaurants like the shops of Wailea and the Monkeypod restaurant. If you driver further down to Makena there is a nice spot to snorkel. Ask the concierge for a map. The concierge team are all fantastic and are very knowledgeable about all activities. They provided us a free cooler to fill up with water and snacks for our drive to Hana; and a great outline of sites to check out along the way. They also booked our complimentary family photo session which was amazing; a shout out to Meagan who did a fantastic job taking our photos. The photo packages are pricey but totally worth it if you want memorable photos in Maui. You can also book a complimentary ride to locations within Wailea and I believe Kihei. They were Cadillac SUV's. We didn't use the free service as we rented our own car and had car seats for the kids.

Check-out: we were able to get a very late check out as we had an evening flight which allowed us to enjoy the resort even more. We called the front desk for help with our luggage and they were fast, friendly and efficient.

Overall this was an amazing hotel to stay at and great for families or couples. I would totally recommend this hotel if you want to splurge and enjoy and luxurious vacation in Maui.

2  Thank Luv2Travel1232013
FairmontKeaLaniMaui, Director of Guest Experience at Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Aloha, Luv2Travel1232013, and thank you for your very insightful review, as well as your valuable suggestions for our future guests. It’s truly a pleasure to know that you had an exceptional vacation celebrating two very special occasions with us and your family. I truly loved reading all about how you found the services, activities and amenities around the resort to be so excellent. We work hard to provide our guests with a very memorable experience, so it is extremely gratifying to know that the Fairmont Kea Lani was the perfect place for you.
Mahalo for highly recommending us and we can't wait to welcome you back for another luxurious vacation.

Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

I have reviewed this hotel in the past and loved it. We just returned from an 8 night stay and I have to say it’s not the same place. Two huge positives are the size of the rooms (all suites) and the ocean. Having such a private-like ocean with complimentary chairs and umbrellas installed for you is fantastic.

My disappointments were in the hotel itself. It’s apparent that some updating is needed. Things like hallways needing painting, room carpets having stains and doors being all knicked up aren’t what I remember at all. The pull-out bed in our room didn’t work. We called about it, but it was not repaired. An update of the resort is overdue. Yes, it’s still a nice resort, but for high price, there shouldn’t be deferred maintenance all around.

I also used the fitness center every morning. Not a bad place, but the small size and location was odd for a resort of this size. I just stayed at a Loews in Chicago at the airport and their fitness center was much better than this almost five star resort’s. Many beach resorts have views of the gorgeous ocean in their fitness center. Not this one.

The last item will sound a little snotty, but here goes. We recently were in Cabo at an all-inclusive. Was there a lot of drinking? Yes, but we expected it. At the Fairmont, I haven’t seen a big party atmosphere in the past. We were expecting a relaxing vacation. Instead we were surrounded by lots of partiers. What is interesting is that cabanas were rented out and I guess the hotel didn’t care how many people were in one. Lots of parties went on in single cabanas. You couldn’t even walk by them as people were surrounding them and not moving. Ten people in one cabana was not uncommon. Same thing in the upper pool. Lots of people sitting in the pool and standing around drinking, but not moving for anyone to pass. Again, I know this sounds snotty. I am not opposed to this, but I wasn’t expecting it at this type of resort.

Every day also saw rain, but that of course was not the resort’s fault.

Overall, the service at the hotel was hit or miss. We were supposed to get a paper every morning. It happened one morning but that was it. Not a deal breaker, but the old Fairmont wouldn’t have had this little thing happen.

If the Fairmont does an update as other neighboring resorts seemed to have done, we may be back. In the meantime, I would spend less money and try a different resort.

3  Thank KareninColorado

Aloha KareninColorado and thank you very much for returning back to Fairmont Kea Lani for your Maui vacation. I am pleased you choose us out of all the other great options in Wailea but am saddened to read that during your stay we didn’t deliver the complete Fairmont experience. We understand the importance of the little touches and how they make all the difference especially for those guests who have, like yourself, stayed with us in the past. Allow me to apologize for missing those marks like delivering a daily paper or addressing your pull-out sofa bed. Please be assured that your comments regarding a renovation don’t go unheard. I have passed them on to our leadership team and hope to be able to address these concerns in the near future. I certainly wish you will allow us the opportunity in the future to deliver the five-star Fairmont experience you deserve.