5,048 results
All reviewsko restaurantcafe ciaosuite hotelnick's fish marketcanoe experienceadult poolfour seasonspresident's clubswim up barbreakfast buffetupper poolliving roomour honeymoontwo sinksocean viewtop notchwalk in shower
Reviewed 2 September 2016 via mobile

We just returned from a week in Maui. We stayed at 3 different properties, the Fairmont being our last destination. The service was excellent. Especially Patty at the concierge desk. Her restaurant and activity recommendations were right on the money. She went out of her way to provide WOW! customer service and make us feel special. Ron, also at the concierge desk, also impressed me. We dropped by the desk on our way to take a family photo at another location. We asked if he knew where we might find fresh flowers for our hair. The next thing I knew, Ron met us at our vehicle with a choice of 6 different options. Truly amazing!! The bellmen could also not do enough for us. Every time we went on an excursion they provided us with towels, water, umbrellas, anything we needed. Again, excellent customer service. The rooms here are huge so if you need a large suite for a family, this is the place to stay. The only negative, and I'm an extremely picky traveler, is that the decor in the rooms, lobby, and pool area are all in need of a makeover. The hotel is definitely showing its age. The rooms were very clean, just old. If you enjoy great customer service, I recommend the fairmont. Make sure to ask for patty at the concierge desk. You will not be disappointed!!!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
TheFairmontKeaLani, Director of Operations at Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2016

Aloha and thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am delighted to learn how much you enjoyed your stay and truly appreciate the recognition of the exceptional service you received. Your compliments will be shared and celebrated with our concierge team and bellmen. In addition, your feedback regarding décor and areas in need of updates will be reviewed by our leadership team. Mahalo for your recommendation of Fairmont Kea Lani and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 2 September 2016

I took my wife and 2 yr old son on a trip to Maui and we stayed at this resort. We really enjoyed staying here and spent a lot of our days hanging out at the pool and going down to the beach, which is just a very short walk down from the pool area. There are actually 3 pools: one only for adults, a kiddie pool, and a main pool that has a pretty cool waterslide that kids and adults alike seemed to enjoy. We frequently ordered drinks and food at the pool area, they provide free water, iced tea, sunblock, aloe, and towels, and if you want to walk down to the beach, they provide free sand toys for the kids. Also there are bars around the lobby area and outdoor couches where we sat, drank, and watched the sunset every day. Oh and they have free wi-fi.

The restaurants at the resort were ok. I think Nick's is the best but they were all expensive. Luckily there's a decent amount of places nearby you can eat at outside the resort. They even have a free shuttle service that you can use to go to places nearby. I used it to get my rental car, but I realized you can even do that at the resort.
There's even a daycare that parents can use but we never used it. For a hotel of this quality, it's a great deal and on my next trip back to Maui, I'll strongly consider coming back!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 September 2016

This was our 2nd stay @the Fairmont Kea Lani. It is perfect in every way, from early a.m. beach walks, Yoga classes, to the sumptuous Breakfast Buffet, beach lounge near the ocean, sunscreen provided, or a swim in the pool at a perfect temperature. Setting is beautiful & then the lighting of the property torches @sunset is lovely, as you dine @ one of the gourmet restaurants. A real "paradise" !!!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Aloha H8612VOpatrickm, and thank you so much for your wonderful compliments! It makes us all very happy to know how much you enjoyed your return stay. We truly appreciate your loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 2 September 2016

This stay is all about the amenities. Yes, they have wonderful rooms, but unless you're on your honeymoon you want to be outside. Start with the beach. It's uncrowded which is almost impossible to say about Hawaii. Then, the sand and water is perfect. Like all the Wailea beaches it's a pocket beach. No long unbroken stretch of walking beach, but a cozy, protected one. There are chaise lounges and umbrellas aplenty.

Then, come the restaurants. Fine dining is truly fine at The Kea Lani. Not one of them misses in our book. As writers of the Hawaii Restaurant Guide Series our book has tough criteria so figure it out. A personal favorite is Nick's Fish Market. If you think service on Maui is a bit laid back try Nick's. You won't find a second where your table isn't served. But it's done with great taste and is never obtrusive. And of course there's the fish.

Room Tip: Always Ocean View
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KulaBob
Reviewed 2 September 2016 via mobile

Stayed here one night with my husband. Overall I liked the hotel but I doubt I will be back for a longer stay as some of the negatives are deal breaker for me. Positives: Grounds are beautiful! Staff welcoming and accommodating. They have yoga and other fitness classes. Also there is a kids club. The room was great, clean, spacious. The balcony was in a worse shape than the inside. Complimentary photo session.
Negatives: paper thin walls as you could here people talk and someone taking a shower. If you are a light sleeper I suggest bringing the earplugs. A/C was loud as well. In room coffee was horrible but they did provide us with the complimentary coffee and pastries. But I had to remind them it was complimentary at the check out. House keeping was slow for some requests.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
TheFairmontKeaLani, Director of Operations at Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2016

Aloha Nina and thank you for sharing your experience with us. It is good to hear you had an overall nice stay, and that you enjoyed the resort’s well-manicured grounds and excellent service from our staff. That being said, I truly apologize for any inconvenience the noise from outside your suite and from the air conditioning unit may have caused. Please be assured all of your comments have been shared with the department managers for review and action. Again, please accept my apology and I do hope you will consider joining us again, so we can deliver the vacation you deserve.