5,132 results
All reviews ko restaurant cafe ciao suite hotel nick's fish market canoe experience adult pool four seasons president's club swim up bar breakfast buffet upper pool living room two sinks our honeymoon ocean view top notch walk in shower
Reviewed 22 October 2015

Second time here in as many years and we still think it's the best hotel in Wialea. Great beach, great property. We were disappointed with Nick's Fish Market (not affiliated) due to poor service but Kō and the Kea Lani restaurant were perfect.

Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed 21 October 2015

We just returned from an eight night trip to the Farimont Kea Lani. We had stayed there several years ago, but had stayed at the Honua Kai and Hyatt after that trip and decided to return to Wailea and the Fairmont. I will try to not repeat what other reviewers have said, but will focus on a few other items.

Overall, the trip was wonderful. As everyone seems to mention, the service is top notch. Everyone is very friendly and helpful. We woke up one more to a very strong cigar smell that just kept getting stronger. I called the front desk as it was super strong (as if there were a few people in our room smoking them). They said that they would send a "patrol" by our room. It was 7 in the morning but they must have done something because we never smelled it again.

Many have mentioned that the breakfast buffet is good, but pricey. Honestly, this is the best buffet I have ever had. It was one of the reasons we actually wanted to return. The buffet didn't disappoint - there wasn't one thing that wasn't available. The food was awesome, too. The birds that people mention have actually improved over the years. One of the servers said that they are trying these green and red lights (you'll see them all over the breakfast area) but the birds have learned the light patterns so they are now testing bird feeders on the roof that release food during the breakfast times to encourage the birds to leave.

Caffe Ciao was also very handy. We had a pizza from there one night and it was great. You can also print off your boarding passes in there as computers are set up in the front of the cafe (I don't think that this is mentioned anywhere).

We were going to use the spa but I have a teenage daughter and they would not allow her in the "relaxation rooms" in case people were in a state of undress. The spa is pretty pricey but we thought it might be fun. I didn't talk to anyone that used their services so I don't have much to add about it.

We spent quite a bit of time at the pool and the beach. Loved the ability to get free umbrellas and chairs at the beach. The man that sets them up is something else - that's hard work! They still had some available during the day so don't get discouraged if they look full in the morning. The attendants at the beach were very nice and helpful. As someone else said, we were unable to rent snorkel gear or boogie boards throughout the trip as the red flag was up, but plenty of people were bringing their own and using them. Apparently, the area just to the north of the hotel is a great snorkeling spot. We had reserved the canoe ride for one morning and were glad that we did it. It was fun - don't worry, it's not a ton of work. The two guys that are on the boat with you do all of the work! They are very informative and friendly. Another guest just walked up and asked about it and they let her on the boat but from what I understand, that's rare and you should really try to reserve your spots well in advance.

We did use the shuttle service several times. Super nice drivers and very easy and fast service. We weren't going far, but it was nice not to have to worry about parking at the hotel (the spots are very small), etc. By the way, we figured out that a lot of the parking spots are being taken up by rental cars that the hotel rents out. We always found a spot to park, but it was definitely a busy lot. Overall, the hotel did not seem full so if it was busier, I might be concerned about parking spot availability.

The only suggestion that I would make is for the Fairmont to re-think their cabana situation by the pool. I'm sure that they make money off of them ($150/day, $100 after 12 pm) but most every day that we were there, the majority of them were empty and other seats were hard to come by. Cabanas by far are the focus of the seating. The slide was used by both kids and adults alike. We really liked the pool up by the swim up bar just as it was a little calmer. The adult pool - forget about trying to find a seat at that pool. You would need to get out there very early to get a seat or reserve a cabana. We did use it one evening and it was terrific.

Two quick notes - the rooms have a safe that is quite big. We were able to get a laptop, a couple of iPads, wallets, etc. in there with no problem. The hotel also provides you with two water bottles a day. During the turn down service, they will provide you with a couple of additional bottles if you ask. We drink a lot of water so this was really nice for us.

It appears that many guests go to the local Safeway to buy some additional supplies (we did), but there is a new Island Market at the Wailea Shops that we probably would have gone to instead as it's closer and the prices are a little better, too.

Last, but not least, the hotel had an Island Painting Party company come in one day. You could learn to paint a Maui sunset for $10 and take home the painting. My daughter and I did it and loved it. It was set up by the pool under covered tents and the company that did it was very friendly and made it fun plus we now have some paintings for souvenirs.

Overall, I would recommend staying at the Fairmont. We walked over to the Grand Wailea and the Four Seasons. The Grand Wailea was a big disappointment as it appears to be under some major construction. Their pool did seem nice, but the hotel is huge and the construction would drive me crazy. Apparently, it is now owned by Hilton. The Four Seasons was beautiful, but had a different vibe. We really loved the roominess of the Fairmont suite and I'm not sure if we could get a similar size room with an ocean view for a similar price at the Four Seasons.

Room tip: Ocean View is totally worth it.
6  Thank KareninColorado
TheFairmontKeaLani, Director of Operations at Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2015

Aloha Karen and thank you for your wonderful review and recommendation! It sounds like you and your daughter had a fantastic vacation. I am so pleased to read your kind compliments about the top notch service at our resort, our breakfast buffet, pools & beach, Hawaiian Canoe experience and the Island Painting Party. We truly appreciate your constructive comments about the cabanas and I will review this with our leadership team. Thank you for choosing Fairmont Kea Lani and we look forward to welcoming you back one day soon.

Aloha and best regards,

Reviewed 21 October 2015

Our family had a great stay at this resort, I would recommend the pool side suites for families with young kids. Our 2 and 3yrs old had a blast and the location was perfect for many back and fourths to the room and pool

Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Aloha Jason and thank you for your kind review and recommendation of Fairmont Kea Lani for your recent family vacation. Our Poolside Suites are very popular with young families, wonderful to hear that this location contributed to your family fun at the pools!

Mahalo and best regards,

Reviewed 20 October 2015 via mobile

After reading many reviews on Tripadvisor, I chose to stay at the Fairmont for 8 days on my Hawaiian vacation, I'm so thankful I did.
First, the room. They are very spacious with a BIG beautiful bathroom, comfortable beds, nice lanai, and convenient beverage area.

Second the service was OUTSTANDING. I have never received such better service anywhere, resorts, cruises, etc. The shuttle service is a blessing, taking guests anywhere in a three mile radius. I did not have to worry about finding shops or restaurants. Also, I did not have to worry about how many adult beverages I would be consuming, since I did not have to drive. Response time for pickup and delivery is very quick, with Cadillac Escalades as your vehicle. The drivers are very professional, social, and have great attitudes.
The maids are first class and pay attention to your daily
needs. Other housekeeping employees did a fantastic job bringing extra needs to the room (water, creamer, etc).
Beach employees were friendly, courteous, and safety conscious. They warned me on a couple days that the waves were high, I really appreciated that. I've read in other reviews where guests expressed their displeasure in beach service, I always had great friendly service.
Front desk was quick, friendly, and knowledgeable. The only displeasure I had, which I also read in other reviews, was the " hard sale" on the Villas, trying to upgrade guests. I understand the upgrade "pitch" at checkin, but not throughout your stay.
Lastly the property itself was first class. The gardens, plants, and trees throughout the premises were neatly manicured and simply amazing. The pools are well kept and always clean, with service attendants nearby. The lobby is a postcard, simply stunning.
To sum it all up, I was hoping I would experience the same peace and enjoyment that other guests had written about. I did my research about the Fairmont before I booked my trip to see if this resort was for me. I checked everything about this hotel, so I knew what to expect. I looked at the premises, services, beach size, prices at restaurants, etc.
I have read some reviews where guests were upset about prices of services, restaurants, and the size of the beach. If the guests would have done their research, they too, would have known what to expect.
The Fairmont was the perfect vacation for me, it exceeded my expectations (even though I read all the great reviews.)
Thanks to all the staff at the Fairmont Kea Lani for making my vacation Unforgettable!.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank 858tomh
TheFairmontKeaLani, Director of Operations at Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2015

Aloha Tom and thank you for making my day with this review of your recent unforgettable stay at Fairmont Kea Lani! Your feedback and compliments regarding outstanding service and the beauty of our resort will be shared and celebrated with our incredible team. I am so pleased that you enjoyed a wonderful experience and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Aloha and warm regards,

Reviewed 20 October 2015 via mobile

My husband and I spent six wonderful days at the Kea Lani at the beginning of October to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. We chose a partial ocean view suite on the south side of the property. A small road runs along that side of the property, but the room generally overlooked trees, with a partial view of the ocean from the balcony. At this time of year we were also able to see sunsets from the balcony.

The entire property was lovely and inviting, but our favorite spot was on the lounge chairs on the lawn.

The grounds are beautiful, and resort never felt crowded. The hotel common areas were well maintained and attractive, and our suite was perfect.

But real treasure of the Kea Lani is the staff. Every employee we encountered during our stay was warm, welcoming, and helpful. They are truly a special group of people!

We hope to return soon!