Just returned from a Spring Break vacation in Maui, kids aged 11, 9, 7. We stayed at the Kea Lani two years ago (in the villas) and loved it. This time we also stayed in the villas and still enjoyed it very much...
location - we prefer Wailea to the other areas of Maui
size - the resort is not a mega hotel and doesn't feel too overwhelmingly crowded even during holiday times
cabanas - you have the option of renting cabannas at the pool or umbrellas at the beach if you don't want to worry about getting up to save a spot
food - restaurants/food are on site if you choose not to cook as opposed to condos
accommodation - villas offer excellent size accomodation for a bigger family and the plunge pool/patio is hours of fun for the kids
layout - villas are close to the beach and very convenient to get in and out of, front and back door right onto hotel grounds, no elevator hassels
resort layout - excellent, lobby, grounds, beach
staff - mostly friendly and accomodating (not all but most)
-cafe ciao restaurant..average food/service-high prices
-pool loungers are getting very tired, and uncomfortable, feeling the metal through the pads.
-hotel seemed more crowded this time as opposed to spring break two years ago, still not unbearable, but busy - wailea in general is feeling more touristy than it did two years ago - to be expected i guess.
-breakfast restaurant did seem a bit nutty at times and the staff there seemed to take forever to serve us even though it was buffet - all they had to do was drinks?? we often went elsewhere.
-villa kitchen cabinets could use an update and no the living area is not huge, it's quite narrow, but we tend to be spread out between the patio/pool and three tvs..so it doesn't bother us...our utility room/laundry room, was extremely noisy - i.e. sounded like there was always loud laundry going even when there wasn't, we had a water back up of some sort in there they had to come clean up on an evening when we had company so there was maintenance traipsing through with clean up vac and towels etc during our BBQ. It bothers me to think they are just neglecting these minor things because they can (quite frankly) and they know the tourists will keep on coming.
Overall we do love the Kea Lani VILLAS and will continue to stay there because we haven't found anything to match the experience in terms of space, plunge pool and convenience, but if i were booking a regular room or two and wanted a pampered overall experience I would give the four seasons next door a try. We went there for dinner twice and remembered why the four seasons always stands out so much compared to most hotels...they just take everything up a notch in terms of service...they have a kids menu, a teens menu, an adult menu, oh let us bring your kids something to nibble on before dinner is served, they must be hungry, it's too long for them to wait..impeccable service both times and this was their casual restaurant..as i said if it weren't for the villas...I'd be steppin out on the Kea Lani just to see if the grass is greener on the other side.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the essence of Maui at Fairmont Kea Lani, Hawaii's only all-suite and villa luxury resort. Nestled on the golden sands of Wailea's Polo Beach, this award-winning oceanfront paradise redefines luxury with a state-of-the-art spa, island inspired cuisine and authentic cultural experiences. Fairmont Kea Lani is the ideal island getaway with four unique restaurants, three swimming pools including an adult-only pool, a comprehensive fitness and wellness program and unrivaled access to the best adventures across the island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Kea Lani Maui Hotel Wailea
- Fairmont Hotel Wailea
- Fairmont Maui
- Fairmont Wailea
- Wailea Fairmont
- The Fairmont Kea Lani
- Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui Wailea