5,776 results
All reviewsserenity poolour honeymoontop notchclub levellobby loungeice waterping pongworth every pennymain poolcold towelsocean viewwaiting listoutrigger canoepineapplepool staffadult poolthe ritz
Reviewed 9 October 2015

Sometimes it is annoying to read a less than "exceeding expectations" review of this spectacular property. In fact, if one doesn't find this paradise perfect, they will never. My husband and I have just returned from our fifth visit to the Four Seasons. We first came here because we were celebrating anniversaries, later it was birthdays, then we came to celebrate life. Now we come to renew and regenerate our bodies. Before our vacation was over, we began to plan our next trip. I asked my husband how the Four Seasons could ever top what we had experienced over the years. He said they don't have to, they just need to keep doing what they are doing. I agree.

Ill share a couple of experiences so you can get a sense of how absolutely committed this very special resort and its staff are to providing each guest a unique and beautiful memory of time spent there.

Every evening in the lobby lounge there is Hawaiian music and hula. It is one of the reasons we come back. We noticed our favorite celebratory champagne was listed on the lounge menu but not available through room service. We talked to our server, Candace, who in a matter of moments arranged to have a bottle delivered to our room.

In each area of the resort, from valets, pool attendants, recreation and beach setup, to servers in the lobby lounge, Ferraros, Duo and Spago, we were greeted by name. How do they do that?

Some people have complained about the need to get in line early to find a chair at the serenity pool. What could be more fair, if you get in line early, you get a chair. It isn't about who you are or how much money you have.

Food throughout the resort was excellent. Ferraros was a favorite for us and we were there almost every day of our 12 day stay. The fish perfectly prepared and with a glass of wine and the sun going down......well.... perfect. Of note were servers Robin, Lisa, and Rafeal at Ferraros, Candace in the lobby lounge, and most especially, Gilbert at Spagos who was a poet in his service to us. Douglas and the paddle board guys were very attentive, the beach set up staff accommodating.

The spa is worth the time and money. The facial Holly provided proved amazing. My husband noted my skin looked beautiful and he could see my cheek bones again!!! Thanks Holly!

I could go on and on, housekeeping, room service, valet, front desk staff, etc. A true piece of paradise.

5  Thank davekathy
Reviewed 8 October 2015

The staff offer first class service, the hotel is amazingly beautiful, the rooms are large and very comfortable. The location was great, loved the beach and the pool. I would recommend Four Seasons to those with and without kids, they are accommodating for all. The beach side massage was heaven, a must do.

Reviewed 8 October 2015

My husband and I took a quick trip post Thansksgiving to this resort as a belated anniversary celebration. We had read many good things, so, we were very much looking forward to our visit. While the grounds are absolutely lovely, and much of the staff was pleasant, we were quite disappointed with our room, and some of the front desk staff.

Cons:
- We booked a Partial Ocean View with king bed and were given room 447. Upon entering the room there was a very strong, musty smell. We decided not to ask for different room, but, the next day when I awakened with a headache, my husband decided to ask the from desk if they had a different room, in our same category, available. They said that they did not have one in our room category, but, we could pay (a few hundred dollars more) to upgrade. What???
- There were a few other minor details that were disappointing about the room/housekeeping, but, not a huge deal, just not up to Four Seasons standards (FS Sharm El Sheikh setting the gold standard followed closely by FS Peninsula Papagayo): nealry half of the radio channel were not working in the in room/bathroom stereo system, dust on shelves in the closet, and film/dirt on the windows throughout Duo restaurant (which they were cleaning on the day of our departure).
- Also, it is worth noting that the clientele was different from that which I encountered at other Four Seasons...seemingly less polite and courteous, i.e. people were regularlly taking loudly on their cell phones at the adult quiet pool despite the staff reminding them that talking on cell phones were not permitted and inattentive parents allowing their children to run free at breakfast and the main pool.
*This is not the fault of the hotel and perhaps it was just an anomoly; however, it was enough to cause me to think twice beofore returning.

Pros:
- Wonderful service
* A special thanks to Monu who drove us back from dinner at Matteo's, Angela at the Lobby Lounge, and Josephine at Duo.
- Beautiful grounds and facilities including the buildings and the pools
- Great amenities including complementary shuttle service around Wailea, a game room and sun screen at the pools and beach
- Georgous adult pool, with outstanding views
*Everyone seemed to want to be at this pool and the demand was there...there were lines to get in each morning and a wait list to get a chaise if you do not arrive early enough. This was an obvious sign to me that many other adults/couples were feeling the need to escape the chaos throughout the rest of the resort.

All in all, this resort seemed more suited for families or groups/couples that want to party loudly. I would not recomend it for couples looking for quiet, relaxing vacations, for romance, or for honeymoons (unless you want more of a party vibe). It is for this reason that I have booked my next visit to Hawaii at the new Four Seasons that is opening in Ko Olina (Oahu). I am hoping to have better luck there, as I love The Four Seasons.

Room Tip: Don't book Room 447-Partial Ocean View with king bed. There was a strong, musty smell in the room.
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank cdjvj
HPFrancis, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2015

Aloha from Maui,

Mahalo for taking the time to write a comprehensive review of your time at Four Seasons Maui, and thank you for your loyalty to Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; we strive to provide the best experience for each and every one of our guests. If you would like to further discuss your concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly at 808.874.2212 or Marco.Zanolari@fourseasons.com.

Mahalo nui loa,

Marco Zanolari
Resort Manager

Reviewed 6 October 2015

What a wonderful surprise this hotel and resort was! Our garden room was very nice and very comfortable. Everyone on the staff was cheerful and helpful. Another great perk was that right off the beach there is a small reef for great snorkeling. We saw two large turtles and lots of colorful fish. Equipment is free for an hour and a small fee thereafter.

Room Tip: Room 383 has a beautiful view of the gardens. It was very quiet. Had a lush large bathroom.
1  Thank PtmcRuth
Reviewed 5 October 2015

First I want to focus on service.

Upon our arrival we were greeted by five separate people. Two valets who whisked away our car and dealt with our luggage, a lovely lady who presented us with beautiful leis and got our room keys for us (I had checked in on-line via the Four Seasons app), the service manager who gave us his card and offered to assist us with any needs, and finally reception who set up our account for us. During this whirlwind of activity we were offered water and asked if there was anything we needed. Wow.

Each time we left the property (whether via car or on foot) we were asked if we wanted water to take with us (even when we checked out!). When exploring the property we were told about a newly implemented kitchen garden to check out. The gentleman that told us about it offered to escort us personally if we couldn't find it.

Our room had a card in it where we could select the time we preferred to have our room made-up and turned down (and they did stick to those time frames!). After the first turn-down service, all of our toiletries were arranged on mats in the bathroom and my glasses case set upon a Four Seasons cleaning cloth.

They have a complimentary fleet of white Lincoln Navigators that will whisk you anywhere in Wailea (and pick you up of course).

On the beach staff walk around with ice cold water on a regular basis and snacks. There is complimentary sunscreen both by the beach and by the pool.

I have traveled extensively and have to say that the Four Seasons wins hands down for service. We have never stayed at a Four Seasons and we were greeted like dear friends.

Our hotel room was very spacious and the marble bath enormous. The balcony was quite large and offered the promised view of the ocean and Lanai.

While here we dined at both Ferraro's and the Lobby Lounge. The food was good to very good in all instances. The Lobby Lounge can be a little loud, especially early in the evening when there is entertainment, but the ambience and the view of the grounds and the ocean can't be beat.

The grounds are simply stunning. We walked through several resorts during our stay on Maui (up in Ka'anapali as well) and the Four Seasons shines above the rest.

Their app is new and I used it several times to have our car retrieved and to check out on the last morning. It is a great tool and easy to use.

If you're looking for a special experience and impeccable service, you can't go wrong with the Four Seasons Maui.

5  Thank Cubechick