5,869 results
All reviews serenity pool our honeymoon top notch club level lobby lounge ice water ping pong worth every penny main pool cold towels ocean view waiting list pineapple outrigger canoe pool staff adult pool impeccable service
Reviewed 7 April 2015 via mobile

I went to this resort for the Easter break with my partner and two children aged 14 and 12.

It's a beautiful lobby. The rooms are elegant but pretty standard. It's a huge hotel and the walk from our room to the pool took about 10 minutes. The food in the restaurants are very good. As are the cocktails and wine selection. All very expensive of course.

On the downside:
The hotel was full (it was spring break) and getting into restaurants required queuing for 15 minutes; and if you didn't have a reservation for dinner in one of the 3 restaurants, forget it. The poolside situation was equally desperate, it took real drive and a 'dog eat dog' mentality to get loungers by the pool. By the way it was at this point that I realised that some of the other hotel guests were really horrible, (metaphorically) elbowing me out of the way with silences, stares and larger tips for the humourless poolboys.

My partner tried to get a drink at the bar at about 1130pm on a Saturday night, and was told that he would not be served because it was not 'company policy' to serve from a bar this late (nothing to do with Hawaiian law) (and I'm sure I've had late evening drinks in other Four Seasons hotels I have stayed in!). The concierge desk was not what I have come to expect in a Four Seasons hotel: things were suggested, but with no individualising (in contrast to the concierge at the Beverley Hills Hotel, which I had just come from). Activities cost a lot eg yoga $75.

I loved Hawaii but I don't think I would stay here again. That said, my kids loved it, mainly because of the Modern Family episode that was filmed there!

Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
6  Thank Chandrima B
Reviewed 4 April 2015

Yes, the Four Seasons at Wailea is considerably the one of the most beautiful and elegant hotels in the island, and it better be for the price of one room per night. It is well designed and decorated; beautiful tropical flowers that abound in and out of the hotel. Attentive servers, helpful concierge. Soap for the shower is L'Occitane Lavender. Incredible restaurants; I had an unforgettable seafood pasta at one of them. Excellent breakfast buffet. The pool area is cozy, but can be crowded. The beach is just regular, the quality of the sand is really dispensable. So, I suppose Four Seasons Maui is superb enough, but it better be... for what one pays for it.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank sunnycastillo
Reviewed 3 April 2015

While Maui isn't my favorite Hawaiian Island, the Four Seasons Resort at Wailea remains my first choice for relaxing, luxurious long-weekend getaways from the hustle and bustle of my home island, O'ahu. It's a magnificent property in every sense of the word -- spectacular views, impeccable service, wonderfully spacious and eminently comfortable accommodations, impeccable decor and upkeep at every turn, a word-class collection of contemporary art on display throughout the property (the glorious Margaret Ezekiel pastel skyscape is particularly impressive), stunning floral displays everywhere -- there's just no other property like it. My only disappointment was overcooked mahi mahi at Spago. The Four Seasons Wailea remains the undisputed queen of Hawai'i resorts.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
3  Thank Windward_Oahu_Guy
Reviewed 2 April 2015

Gorgeous property, fantastic location, VERY pricey.

The most disappointing part of our stay was the pool seating situation. At 7:00am people start going to the pool to reserve pool lounge chairs. You pick the chairs you want and stand there to defend your territory until a pool attendant comes by to put chair covers and towels on your chairs. (Don't forget to tip the pool attendant.) You then place personal items such as a bag or a hat to identify the chairs as yours. The chairs are then "claimed" by you until you and your family come to the pool, assumably after breakfast. If you decide to have a lazy morning in bed until 7:30 or go to play tennis first thing in the morning without first claiming your pool chairs, you can forget about finding a space by the pool until the mid-afternoon when people are starting to clear out for their afternoon naps. The same applies to the beach chairs - seating is limited. Can you find lounge chairs somewhere on a lawn overlooking the ocean? Probably. But if you have young kids who want to swim and who have to be watched for safety, it definitely stinks to have to sit on the cement or stand by the pool while your kids play in the water and even more so when you see pool chars that have been claimed but yet no one sits on them for hours. Wish the hotel would figure out a way to put more seating or figure out a better way to make this work. Who wants to set an alarm for 6:45am on vacation just to go down and get pool chairs?

Drinks are super expensive but that's to be expected in Hawaii. Most poolside or bar cocktails were $17, so $20 with tip. We also stayed a few days at the Grand Hyatt in Kauai the same week, and their equivalent drinks were $14, slightly less painful. My family racked up several $175 poolside tabs after drinks and snacks.

There are three pools - one for adults only, one for kids (has an tiny, itty-bitty slide), and one large in-between pool for families. Funny that the pool manager yelled at several groups of kids on different days that they couldn't play Marco Polo in the family pool - too loud, perhaps? Yet the management doesn't care if kids play chicken and violently push each other off the water fountain, screaming all the way. If adults want peace, all they have to do is go to the adult pool. Geez.

On the positive side, the pool attendants do come around the pool every once in a while with little popsicles, mini-muffins, and spritzes of cold water as an unexpected treat. Staff was friendly, fairly attentive, but not always easy to find.

Rooms were WAY nicer (newer, cleaner, better decor) than the Grand Hyatt in Kauai.

We thought we were being good with sunscreen application but still got sunburned. Recommend buying a SPF water shirt to protect skin.

It was a nice trip, but I wouldn't stay there again. Oh, and Eddie Murphy was also a guest while we were there. Fun celebrity sighting.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family
12  Thank Daralou
Reviewed 2 April 2015 via mobile

I am a big fan of the four seasons hotel chain and this property is one on the finest I have every visited , I can not fault it in any way. All the staff are completely passionate with their service yet it has a very relaxed friendly and unstuffy feel.
There's lots of activities on the resort to keep you happy so you really don't have to leave the resort if you don't want to. I took advantage of all of these, including hula lessons! Yoga, Zumba, spinning classes, meditation and many more. All there trainers including Rebecca were excellent.
I visited the spa twice for massages and manicures, Again great service and excellent treatments.Of the restaurants I would say the steakhouse was the standout and I returned for a second time. The Italian restaurant, while its does have the best/most romantic setting, I found the food to be extremely salty. I felt like I was eating a seamen pie a pose to a lasagna!!! That was my only criticism to the whole resort. I choose a suite which was extremely spacious and was equipped with everything I would ever need,tasteful Hawaiian design running through the rooms and exclusive large size toiletries were a nice treat!
One thing I would recommend is if you want to have a sunbed at the iconic adult pool, go early in the morning to reserve a spot or better still, book a cabana. Once again and outstanding stay at the four seasons, I look forward to returning to another one of there properties.

Stayed: February 2015, travelled with friends