2 people have started booking this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Travelocity
Hotels.comUS$2,196
TripadvisorUS$2,196
Vio.comUS$2,196
6,688 results
All reviews serenity pool our honeymoon lobby lounge top notch club level ice water main pool worth every penny game room ocean view pineapple outrigger canoe adult pool pool staff the big island the ritz heaven on earth
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 September 2012

The staff is top notch. No arrogance - just personable, polite & helpful. The amenities & activities were in abundance. The restaurants within the resort prepared meals so delicious that you wanted to go back for more the next day.

Room tip: Don't be too concerned about getting an "ocean view" room. There are beach walks, relaxing common areas (hammocks under tiki huts!), sunset beach seating and restaurant seating overlooking the ocean. Your time spent in the room is minimal.
Reviewed 17 September 2012

To be expected, the service was impeccable. Every little detail was taken care of. This is what one come to expect of the Four Seasons. However, wish there was another 'adult' pool or what they called the 'Serenity' pool since there was usually a waiting list to use one of the chairs at the pool. It was a very good stay, though we didn't think it was a place to fully get away as one does feel like you run into people at every corner. But still a top-notch experience.

1  Thank Wilson L
FSMaui, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2012

Aloha from Maui,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback, and are disappointed to hear about your Serenity Pool concerns. If you would like to discuss your concerns, please contact me at 808.874.2212 or konrad.gstrein@fourseasons.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,
Konrad Gstrein

Reviewed 17 September 2012

We just got back from a week long stay at the Four Seasons and I wanted to write a review while it was fresh in my mind. Let me start by saying that if you're considering staying at any other resort on Maui and worried about the price of the Four Seasons vs others you get what you pay for and I would save your money to ensure you stayed here. We went for our honeymoon and from the moment you pull up in the valet parking you're treated like royalty. The bellhop, valets, greeters, and even front desk clerks treat you like you're a movie star.

We got a Garden view room and it was great. There really are no bad rooms at this hotel. Our room was great and had its on little courtyard green space. A few days into the trip we had a small issue with a neighboring suite being loud. I mentioned something to the front desk and they resolved the problem by upgrading us to an oceanfront suite, they put strawberries in the suite, and a hand-written card. Sharon the front desk manager bent over backwards to ensure our trip was unforgettable.

The pool area is second to none. Even being a big resort you feel like you're the only one at the pool and even the beach. The attendants are attentive without being a pain. If you go, find Sean at the pool because he has recommendations for sightseeing and food that only a local could give you. Chad and Chris at the lobby lounge remembered our names and made us feel at home every time we stopped in for some drinks. We tried all the restaurants on the property and having been in the food industry I've found myself to be quite picky. Here's my honest review of each: We did breakfast at DUO which was great. The buffet has anything you could imagine and if you get there early you'll be the only ones there. I'd say the price is high for a buffet but you're at the Four Seasons so if you're worried about price you should probably stay elsewhere. Ferroro's was our favorite lunch spot and in my opinion is the best restaurant on the resort. The staff is friendly and the only complaint I had about Ferroro's was I felt like the lunch menu was short on pasta/Italian choices but everything I ordered I thought was well prepared, presented, and tasted excellent. We even had a few celebrity sightings while having lunch. Spago was an impressive looking restaurant, however, it fell short on the service and food side. The server, granted was busy on a Friday night, made us feel like we were just a table. We noticed the server being friendly with other tables but then would pretty much just take our order and leave. I had mentioned it was our honeymoon when booking the table and asked for a romantic table however we were sat in a less desirable location considering there are ocean front views from the restaurant. The Ahi cone appetizers are incredible and worth a trip in just for those. The entrees were ok. You get large portions so much so you could split the entrees easily. She had chicken and I had steak. Both were ok but nothing to write home about especially for the price. In my opinion there are better places to eat both in the resort and on the island. Maybe just a bad night for us as i see others love Spago so it might just be a love it/hate it thing.
We were sad to leave but this place even gives you the use of a suite after you check out so that you can still use the pool/beach for the hours leading up to your flight. Finally, a few things to consider that I did not know before I got there was that you can only valet. It's $20 a day but unlimited in and out use. Bring extra memory cards for your camera because there is art and architecture everywhere. I took 300 some photos just on my phone. Last, make your trip memorable and don't waste your money at other resorts. The Four Seasons Maui is the only place you should stay.

Room tip: The partial ocean front rooms are great. Again there's not a bad room in the whole place.
3  Thank Midwester913
Reviewed 17 September 2012

Spectacular property, amazing suite, wonderful service and food. Couldn't be better. Adult infinity pool is perfection. They don't nickel and dime you either. Snorkeling and other rentals are free for an hour. Cool towels, ice water, muffins by the pool.

Room tip: The suites are amazing if you can afford one.
Date of stay: August 2012
2  Thank PamelaTrippy
Reviewed 16 September 2012

Went to four seasons Maui to celebrate our twenty fifth wedding anniversary! what an amazing choice! the staff, amenities, accommodations and food was first class! Can not thank Spago and the man in charge Darren enough for making our anniversary a first class event! From service to food to views, just unbelievable! We will never forget this amazing night! We stayed for ten nights and had enough time to enjoy the hotel as well as all our adventures that were amazing because of wendy our consciare! So helpful with all our plans! From the amazing welcoming crew, to those who got our car. offering water, blankets, towels and a light hearted laugh! we highly recommend and can not wait to return! Thank You!

Room tip: Get a room that isn't adjoining, you can hear the others when you may not want to
2  Thank Kimhouser