1,297 results
All reviews our honeymoon highly recommend hotel mercedes suv chose hotel fridge and freezer car service nespresso machine pool area fire pit mixology class small kitchen romantic getaway top notch complimentary shuttle service ocean view yoga classes private lanai
Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

We booked this hotel months in advance for our ninth anniversary. A week before we arrived, we were informed by the hotel that the pool had an emergency repair and had to close. They offered us a lot of wonderful accommodations including food credits, access to a different pool, and a chance to rebook at no charge. We were informed by the hotel at every chance available while we were there that the pool was closing soon. We had an amazing time even without it. Dinner in the treehouse was to die for in a very private secluded venue with only the two of us, a dedicated chef and server. We also did the Chef’s Table event in their separate kitchen space and it was executed perfectly with great food, smooth presentation, and delightful wine pairing for each course. All the service at the concierge and the restaurants was happy, helpful, and readily available. The restaurant itself was the best meal we had on the island. The suites were a very good size with high quality bed and linens and stunning views of the setting sun and the water. They have a great spa service that you can have in the room that’s in the traditional Hawaiian style. Overall, our stay was simply amazing!!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank malmc2018
MarkusSchale, General Manager at Hotel Wailea, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

Thank you so much for your kind words and congratulations again on your anniversary! I am so pleased to hear that you felt so well taken care of during your visit, and enjoyed all the culinary and spa activities we offer. We all look forward to welcoming you both back to Hotel Wailea again.

Warm regards,
Markus

Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

My husband and I wanted to celebrate our 10th Anniversary in Maui. After weeks of research we decided on Hotel Wailea. We booked our room four months in advance. When we arrived a friendly person at the front desk informed us that the pool was being repaired for our entire one week stay. This left us in utter shock. They never gave us the courtesy of letting us know about the problem in advance. I can’t believe they expected us to stay at a hotel that wasn’t on the beach without a swimming pool. We were forced to find a new hotel and only two were available in Wailea. We ended up booking at The Four Seasons and had a great time. However, the experience with Hotel Wailea was unacceptable and has tarnished the memory of our 10th Anniversary.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Dominique B

Mahalo for writing, and let me first express my apologies for not being able to reach you in advance of our emergency pool maintenance earlier this month. I am surprised, as most of our guests were advised who booked with us directly. It seems your booking agent did not relay our information and we apologize on behalf of our partner. I am very glad we were able to help you secure a reservation at another hotel, and it sounds like you had a lovely anniversary getaway.

Since you did not have the chance to experience our hotel, I would like the opportunity to welcome you both to Hotel Wailea. If you would like to contact our team at info@hotelwailea.com they will share the message with me personally.

Warmest regards,
Markus

Reviewed 14 August 2018

I am not sure how this hotel was given the rating it was given. To me, it was just an average hotel. Nothing fancy or special. I do think the service was amazing from the front desk to the cabana staff.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
4  Thank Yesenia A
Reviewed 12 August 2018

Overall we enjoyed our stay. It's a quiet property that is adults only . Our room had everything we needed. The standouts were the staff. They went above and beyond to meet our requests. The pool, while it was available, was an oasis. The limo service was a cinderella experience.
What concerned us was that the hotel does not recycle. We had to save everything ourselves and drop it off at the Recycle Center in Kihei.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank harevalo123
Reviewed 11 August 2018

Excellent design choices and very attentive and kind service made our stay here truly special. The small details (a friendly staff member bringing by a small piece of honeycomb and pineapple unexpectedly in the afternoon, a ride in the hotel Tesla shuttle car to the beach) all added up to a truly unforgettable stay, Highly recommended!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple