“An Oasis Off Broadway”
Review of Solid Grounds

Solid Grounds
Reviewed 7 September 2016

I started going to Solid Grounds when I was having my car worked on at the Hyundai dealership on Broadway. It sure beat waiting in the visitor's lounge! I found that Solid Grounds is a place where people come together. Where friends and colleagues spend quality time together. On any given day there are students being tutored, Bible study groups discussing books, friends catching up and regulars who stop by while on their daily walks or bike rides. It is really a haven for the community at large. The food is simple cafe food, but very well made. The coffee is excellent. There are overstuffed couches and chairs to relax in, as well as tables and chairs to sit at. In the winter you can enjoy the fire in the fireplace. Now, I go there even when I don't have anything wrong with my car!

Reviewed 16 August 2016

Solid Grounds is my go-to coffee shop when I need a break from the office environment, or on a Saturday morning with a good book. I prefer their iced/blended coffee drinks over their actual coffee/espresso drinks. They serve Coda Coffee which is okay, but has almost an oily/bitter taste to me. Melissa and the team there are so personable and definitely take the time to get to know you and remember your drink order. It is a community hotspot with many regulars. :)

Reviewed 1 August 2016 via mobile

I was having my car serviced and found this place, a block off of Broadway, behind the Hyundai dealership. The coffee is absolutely fantastic (I enjoyed a couple skim lattes), and I am a definite coffee snob. The space is large and was hopping all morning. Great indoor and outdoor seating and big tables for larger groups. Friendly service. Loved it!

Reviewed 18 June 2016

We had coffee here for the first time and found it appealing - nice alternative to chains. Coffee was smooth and atmosphere warm and spacious, yet cozy. Friendly. Friday nights open mic, and plenty of communal space with outside patio. We'll be back!

Reviewed 9 February 2016

SG's been around for a decade or so, occupying the end unit of what was a sparsely occupied strip center, obscured by a Hyundai dealer. Its location is secondary and as they say, its what inside that counts.There, you'll find a warm, friendly atmosphere with several excellent brews available as well as all of what I call 'quasi-coffee' drinks for the non-devotees of the bean. There's also pastries, salads and paninis. Well worth a visit and once you've done so, you'll readily return.

Been to Solid Grounds? Share your experiences!