US$50
    • Breakfast included
    Amigo de Barcelo(Cienfuegos)
    Hotels.com
    • Restaurant
    Hostal Ivan y Lili(Cienfuegos)
    Hotels.com
    • Restaurant
    • Bar/Lounge
    All reviewsthe staff was friendly and helpfullobster dinnerby cuban standardsroom was largerooms are cleantwo nightsplumbingconditionertoiletries
    Reviewed 22 April 2017

We were in room 307. That's on the ground floor of one of the smaller buildings nearest to the building with reception, gift shop and dining. We had a great view of the Caribbean but were disappointed that the sliding door to our patio was screwed permanently closed. If you get a room on the second floor you'll have a balcony with chairs. Our room was relatively large with two 3/4 size beds. The A/C worked very well. The room lighting was just so-so despite a number of lamps in the room. The floor was ceramic tile throughout. The bathroom was large but not so good. We had four fairly small bath towels, though they were thick. No hand towels, wash cloths or even a bath mat. Also, no facial tissues. There were two small bars of soap but absolutely no other amenities. Also - one of my pet peeves - there was no place to lay, out or even store, toiletries. The only flat space was the top of the toilet tank and there were no hooks in the bathroom. There was no mini fridge and you have to get ice from the bar. The TV was worthless as it has only a very few (less than 5) snowy Spanish language channels. The door to the room didn't completely seal shut and there was a big gap at the top with the crack in the door near the handle patched with toilet paper. There is also a louver over the shower that opens to the outside and isn't covered with any screen so insects have easy entry into the room. The room did appear to be reasonably clean. All rooms are smoking, though I didn't notice any odor in ours. There were plenty of plastic hangers in the closet. There's a room safe but one has to pay an additional charge to use it.

I'm hopeful that the attached photos will do a better job describing the room than my narrative.

Thanks for reading. If you found this helpful I'll appreciate a thumbs up below.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
    9  Thank dskid
    Reviewed 16 April 2017

The Faro Luna Hotel is located at the edge of the ocean. Spacious lobby and reception area. Excellent restaurant with very good food. The staff was friendly and helpful, however the guest rooms need improving. We didn't get to see much of the city because my traveling partner became ill. The hotel staff called an ambulance that took us to a clinic. We got to experience the Cuban health care system. After an exam and a ultra sound they decided it was a kidney infection, he was given antibiotics. The entire visit came to 96 Cuban pesos or $3.84 U.S. we spent the next day in the hotel grounds and he began to feel better. Sitting outside watching the surf and beach reminded me a lot of Maui and Kuai. We did visit the Bay of Pigs museum and the old sugar mill used by Castro during the 1961 invasion.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
    1  Thank GregLasVegas
    Reviewed 13 April 2017

This seaside hotel is in a great spot (although there is not much else near it).
    Our room, which was adequate was 20 feet from the Caribbean.
    It has a beautiful pool area, an average lobby, and a decent restaurant, with a nice patio area.
    The staff was friendly and helpful
    One issue - our room had an ant infestation, that the staff tried to alleviate, but to no avail. There were no other rooms. My wife also got several bites while there, and they were changing some mattresses in some of the rooms while we were there.

Room Tip: most rooms face the water, but a few don't.
    • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 6 April 2017

For those that don't know, Faro Luna has a lesser quality sister hotel. After reading some reviews, I think some people rated the wrong hotel. This hotel needs lots of maintenance but not that bad. I had a non- working bathroom light but the room was otherwise comfortable. The oceanfront view was beautiful with beach nearby. I was touring during the day so didn't spend much time in the room.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
    Reviewed 3 April 2017 via mobile

Said our tour leader last week. Our bus group stayed here for two nights as we explored the area. My room was the last on the ground floor in the building to the right. While there was a beautiful view of the Caribbean, there were no chairs on the first floor patios. My patio door had no latch, and the "lock" was a 4-inch screw placed into a hole drilled in the metal frames of the two glass panels where they met in the middle.
    There were 1-inch gaps at the top and bottom of the wooden door, which was badly warped and screeched on the floor whenever opened or closed. There was also a louvered "window" above the bathtub with no glass and no screen. The water from the pedestal sink flowed onto the floor, then into an open drain a few inches away. Any of these could have been the source of the many mosquitoes in the room, even in the closet. I think it was the drain, as I kept one of my wash cloths over it and the number of mosquitoes had dropped by the time we checked out. (I slept covered in DEET and was not bitten.)
    There was a television that got about 10 snowy channels. No refrigerator. Outdoor lighting was very dim at night.
    I did not give this hotel zero stars because:
    Although the room should have been demolished, it was clean and the air conditioning worked well. There was a room safe available for a fee. The maid did go above and beyond, decorating the shower curtain with hibiscus blossoms. The shower had plenty of hot water and good water pressure. The food was OK, and I had the best mojitos ever from the pool bar. I was amused by the variety of fauna -- hens, chicks and a rooster; a turkey and a peacock; the dogs and cats that are seen everywhere; and a tiny red crab that greeted me from the bathroom floor one morning.
    If i could, I'd give an extra half star for the crab.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends