See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 January 2018

I did a solo trip to Cuba and stayed at this hotel during Christmas for about 5 days.

good:
1. spacious, great view on 4th floor and above in the morning or afternoon
2. most staff are friendly

bad:
1. they provide breakfast buffet on the condition that there are more tourists, which is not that fair. The quality of food changed dramatically during my stay.
2. they dont have wifi
3. the staff mostly dont speak english. I was surprised that there was no tourist desk
4. very loud music all through the day from 10am - 5pm.
5. the room cleaning service quality was not good. I found some ants on my bed!
6. the first day when i moved in - the blankets in my room were not clean. i have to ask for clean blankets

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank Bella Z
Reviewed 3 December 2017

Lovely hotel outside the city, I recommend rooms 501, 2, you can walk 100 meters and arrange with the locals fisherman for a day out on a boat without having to pay tourists price, note that most of Cuba is a safe place

Room Tip: Try to avoid the second floor
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2017

This hotel was surprisingly pleasant. They had a wonderful bar service with great staff. Additionally, the hotel pool was impressive in addition to a spacious lobby. The rooms were very nice as well. The only complaint I have about this hotel is the breakfast. Sometimes, a line would form and it would take a while to have breakfast. Other than that, everything was good! The view was amazing at this hotel!

Room Tip: The top floor has the best view!
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank John B
Reviewed 27 March 2017

Hotel Pasacaballo is one of the few hotel options in the Cienfuegos area. There are really only about four options to choose from, none of which would be the reason to come to Cienfuegos. Pasacaballo is located 20-30 minutes out of the town of Cienfuegos, with a nice view overlooking a body of water that separates it from another town. The architecture is reminiscent of a Soviet architect trying to inject some contemporary humor. Knowing that you are like most visitors to Cienfuegos, only coming for one or two nights and recognizing that none of the four hotels will leave you with memories of fine lodging, this mindset will allow you to maximize your enjoyment of staying at Pasacaballo. No internet, clean but simple rooms, with this realization, you’ll be fine!

Room Tip: Assuming it is clean, any room should do!
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
4  Thank JerryTheRugGuy
Reviewed 23 March 2017

This hotel is antiquated. The lobby was fairly nice and open. The front desk staff are nice but you have to push them if you need something-such as a missing item in the room-pillow, towels, etc. We had a missing light in the bathroom which they sent maintenance to our room promptly and he also said we had a non functioning lamp in our room that didn't fit the plug and we never received a replacement. The beds and pillows were very uncomfortable. The sheets smelled awful- like cigarettes. Our sheets were dirty with hair and crumbs on them when we arrived. The table had layers of brown dirt I had to wipe off. The bathroom was better then expected- hot water with good pressure and decent quality towels, but had to use my own because they smelled too.The shower was not cleaned very well. There was a huge pool and lounging area outside which looked inviting and there were people using it, but it closed at 5pm. Breakfast was terrible and could not eat it. Although I was able to exchange money, our friends said the front desk ran out of money. The hotel is a good 15-20 minute drive to the center of Cienfuegos. The water view from the hotel was beautiful-but the hotel itself is far way from everything.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple