“"O" my God!”

Ranked #20 of 75 Restaurants in Isabela
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 May 2015

Let me start saying that I think they have been reading some of the reviews, because the service was good and they have main dishes options now. "O" Restaurant is an eclectic blend of flavors and sights. The menu is a mix of Japanese, Thai, Northern African and Indian dishes in an artfully decorated environment that make us felt as if we were stepping into another country. The restaurant opens only Saturdays at night so make sure to have a reservation. The have the option to dine in the privacy of one of their Asiatic beds (and of course it is expensive, like any other restaurant) or a family style seating. Luckily for us it was a slow night and we were alone in our table. The fried rice with shrimp and the gyoza were my favorite. The menu changes weekly. The ambience was sexy and dimly lit. Perfect for romance.

1  Thank Raquel T

Reviewed 25 April 2015 via mobile

My boyfriend and I decided to try this restaurant on our trip to Isablela. He is a chef and I am the front of house manager of a successful restaurant in New York. Firstly, we went to The location intending to eat at The Eclipse Restaurant, but it was closed for a wedding. We were disappointed but the resort seemed very nice so we decided to try the other restaurant, an Asian inspired fusion place. The decor was interesting and beautiful. We were impressed with the well designed interior from the start. However, we were soon seated at the far end of a table set for ten from Another couple. A bit strange to share a table with other people at a seemingly fine dining restaurant. Things went downhill fast. Our cocktail orders were taken promptly, but when asked the server had no clue what the fish special was, what sushis were available, or anything else about the menu for that matter. We settled on a basic shrimp tempura special. The appetizer arrived in a timely matter, but was delivered by a different server. We enjoyed the shrimp and sauces, and our dirty plates were quickly cleared. I then ordered a glass of champagne to have with my meal that I had yet to order. After about five minutes of waiting our original server finally showed up
And asked if we were still waiting for our app. I replied that we had already finished it and would like to order a main course. He gave a few suggestions and we placed our orders. I informed him that I had also ordered another drink. My drink was soon delivered and shortly after, our meals. I ordered the miso glazed salmon, which the menu described as a dish served with clams and udon noodles. My boyfriend order the waiters suggestion, the skirt steak with coconut lo mein. My fish arrived undercooked, with no udon noodles, swimming in a tasteless broth, and mussels... Not clams... Jeremys dish had some fatty chunks of steak over what appeared and tasted similar to a low end Chinese restaurants take on lo mein... Yikes. Upon seeing that I was not eating my meal, a man who Seemed to be the manager came over and asked if everything was alright. I expressed that the dish in front of me was a far cry from what was written on the menu. He took the dish to the kitchen to speak with the chef, who conveyed that he was working on te noodles and he was out of clams... What? Why even bring the plate to the table if it was incomplete? In the end, I had to correct the manager on the prices of our drinks as he attempted to charge us extra on each one... Perhaps to make up for all the food he had to comp? Not sure... Horrible service... Horrible food... All in all a mess.

1  Thank Mbabcock16
Reviewed 1 April 2015 via mobile

We had dinner on Saturday, wow, impressive but simple, creative and flavorful, unique in its way, we sat on pillows on the floor

Reviewed 7 February 2015

So when you get seated at a private table (told we had to order min $150 on the bill), you would expect to get a drink order taken within :30 minutes right? How about when you are seated right at opening (6:30) and you remind your waiter at :20 minutes that he has forgotten to take your order and he doesn't come back for :10 more minutes.

Unless he's giving someone CPR, its not excusable. When he is told we were leaving, a reaction of "excellent" is also not acceptable.

Hate to give this restaurant a bad mark, it looks great, but when you get no service and the help doesn't even seem to care, what else can you do? In this line of business, your help IS your company.

Left there and walked over to Eclipse (in the same resort) and had a 5 star meal and fantastic service. Second great meal there in a week. Could these two restaurants be managed by the same people when they are within 200 meters of each other in the same resort? Hmmm...

1  Thank David M
Reviewed 1 February 2015

Make sure you try their Mojitos made with local mint leaves, the best. The flan is great and the chef is constantly coming up with Criolla dishes, location is everything very romantic at night. Had a family birthday dinner there 20 of us and they accommodated us with no problem a great memory miss Puerto Rico.

3  Thank Carlos C