All reviews jobos beach arena cottage waves olas paradise porch island ocean lourdes forks beaches surf kitchenette west tennis
Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed with boyfriend, mom and my daughter for 4 days, from July 29 thru August 1. We arrived early and went to the beach. We loved it, is a great beach for families.

Check in at 3:45pm. It was easy and the lady in front desk was very friendly. Love her hair color also.

My room was 10A. When I first enter to the room, it was kind of dirty. There was Maple Syrup on floor right next to my bed. I did not saw this, placed my luggage right on it. Had to clean it. Bathroom still got garbage on the trash can, I guess from the previous guest. This did not upset us because the view and the beach are amazing. Microwave, plates, forks, refrigerator, cups and coffee maker available in the room.

Anyways, when we got to the shower that first night, it was cover of sand, so We had to use flip flops. Never took them of because no one cleaned our room during our stayed.

It was quite and relaxing to sleep with the waves. Turtles can be seen early in the morning just sitting on the sand drinking coffee. My apartment was right in front of the beach. It was very nice watching the sun in the morning and in the afternoon.

The pool aind bad but it has to many chemicals. I cant even see my feet underwater. But I have a pool in my house and I stay because of the beach, so this issue didnt bother me neither.

Sand Volleyball and tennis court available. My daughter and boyfriend use both and had fun.

Had an issue with a charge in my account on my check out, because of my dad and niece came to use only the beach. But the front desk lady, Elizabeth, understood it was an error and removed it and I didnt have to pay for it. She was very friendly and gave me a great service.

The only reason I am giving three stars is is because there is no Maid service. No one cleaned our room during our stayed. For almost $200 the night, not even the beds are made. Room have a broom and mop so we had to clean ourselves. We even had to buy toilet paper because only two rolls were given. The only room service we received were clean towels.

The grounds and place are beautiful but they need to improve the cleaning.

Besides all this, we enjoyed our vacations.

Its kind of pricey for the service given. Other Paradors are cheaper and give at least more options, like breakfast or maid service.

If prices are lower, or if we find a better offer, we might be back.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank AngeRosario
Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

This was just what we were looking for, clean and close to the beach. We literally just walked out! The room was simple but most importantly, clean! They don’t have a a full service restaurant on premises anymore but they have a gazebo that serves food. We had breakfast...again no frills but it was decent. If you looking a a place where your main goal is to enjoy a beau beach... this is your place!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Stephanie D
Reviewed 14 June 2018

As soon as we walked in the room we saw a huge scorpion coming from behind the dresser. We battled to kill it while still holding on to our baggage and had to call management and they got rid of it. Towels and sheets were old and mattress uncomfortable. Not one single chair or table in our junior suite so we had to eat standing up and or plates in our hand. There were plates and glasses but no spoons or forks or knives so we used a straw to stir or coffee in the morning. On the positive side the Ocean view is stunning and the porch is great. Good parking area. Will not be staying here anymore.

Room Tip: Villas on the beginning of the beach have a nicer view
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for the first time years ago and recently decided to stay again to see how/if the place had changed. First change was the hurricane damage that destroyed the porch of the restaurant and two of the houses next to it.

The restaurant still exists at the poolside bar, but the old one has not been reconstructed yet.

We stayed in a casita on the beach which offered two bedrooms and a kitchenette with a large porch. The casita was comfortable, but the biggest reason to stay is what is right out front. The beach.

Sit in the provided hammock and watch the waves come in. This is a very relaxing spot.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Claidhaim
Reviewed 14 May 2018

The room was clean, well equipped and the service was very nice. I give them "A" on housekeeping and grounds keeping. Security is also very nice. The "montones" and "jobos" beaches have crystal clear water. If you have small kids, in Montones there is a great area without currents for kids right in front of the villas. Like surfing, paddle boarding or kayaking, go to Jobos (15 min walk or 3 min drive). You can rent surf and paddle boards at Jobos beach.

The area has several miles of nicely protected bike/walk trails & boardwalk that take you from Jobos to the fishing village near the center of town. There are several spots to eat within walking distance. If you forget something, there is a mall about 10 min away on the other side of town.

I live in Puerto Rico and love to go sight seeing and walk on remote/virgin beaches. This spot ofers some of the best spots to jump in the water and fairly god snorkeling. We spent 3 days this month, and are planning to come back this summer for 3-4 dsys and also spend 4-5 days after the summer rush. Off season this is the perfect spot to RELAX. Just leave the door and windows open and listen to the waves.

Note: If your room does not have a fully equipped kitchen (only refrigerator ans microwave) is not garanteed to have all the utensild you need (e.g. pots, spons, forks, can opener...)

Room Tip: The villas farther west have the best view. Most villas offer a GREAT view. Most rooms have hooks to hang your hamock (so bring it!).
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple