All reviews natural pool jobos beach arena cottage waves olas paradise porch ocean island lourdes forks beaches surf kitchenette west tennis
Reviewed 14 May 2018

The room was clean, well equipped and the service was very nice. I give them "A" on housekeeping and grounds keeping. Security is also very nice. The "montones" and "jobos" beaches have crystal clear water. If you have small kids, in Montones there is a great area without currents for kids right in front of the villas. Like surfing, paddle boarding or kayaking, go to Jobos (15 min walk or 3 min drive). You can rent surf and paddle boards at Jobos beach.

The area has several miles of nicely protected bike/walk trails & boardwalk that take you from Jobos to the fishing village near the center of town. There are several spots to eat within walking distance. If you forget something, there is a mall about 10 min away on the other side of town.

I live in Puerto Rico and love to go sight seeing and walk on remote/virgin beaches. This spot ofers some of the best spots to jump in the water and fairly god snorkeling. We spent 3 days this month, and are planning to come back this summer for 3-4 dsys and also spend 4-5 days after the summer rush. Off season this is the perfect spot to RELAX. Just leave the door and windows open and listen to the waves.

Note: If your room does not have a fully equipped kitchen (only refrigerator ans microwave) is not garanteed to have all the utensild you need (e.g. pots, spons, forks, can opener...)

Room tip: The villas farther west have the best view. Most villas offer a GREAT view. Most rooms have hooks to hang your hamock (so bring it!).
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2018

This review is for my dining experience I had yesterday for Mother's Day. I called they informed me that they had a MD special. Not once did they inform me that the restaurant no longer exists because of Hurricane Maria not do they mention it in their website which still has amazing pictures of what used to be and is no longer there. To summarize, the rest. is not there and we are at a gazebo that is close to the pool in the interior area. Not the picturesque area advertised in website. I was overcharged for food. I ordered skirt steak and got some cheap cut of meat with a significant decrease in quality. Waiter/Waitress never refilled our waters. The mother's day special that they quoted on the phone was never communicated to staff (sounds like the mgr made it up on the spot) And there was an insane infestation of flies that did not allow me to even attempt to enjoy the sub par meal. Overall I was really disappointed. I would like to support an establishment during the rebuilding of PR but I would like to know before I show so I can adjust my expectations.

Room tip: Looks very basic. I feel like it is incredibly overpriced.
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Ivanmedina2121
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

My husband, myself and our 5 year old stayed in the camper at the beach that is inside the Parador. What a wonderful experience. We were steps from beach with all the amenities that the Parador has to offer. Grounds were clean, front desk was attentive and everyone was friendly. We enjoyed the pool as well as the grounds. Waking up to the sounds of the ocean was simply amazing!

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

My beloved wife surprised me with the most amazing gift ever... she get a weekend getaway in the Camper inside the Parador Villas Del Mar Hau that it was more than amazing. I have to tell that the staff who received us were more than polite, helpful, etc. They treat us like royalty...

The cleaning at the facility and the camper shocked us, because I stayed in hotels that are 5 stars and the one with diamonds and I see the best cleanness camper I never seen before.

The room service staff were more than helpful, the security guys super polite.

The Camper's owner Evelyn, she is the best. She give us the best birthday weekend ever. Thank you Evelyn so very much.

The pool was amazing, clean, quiet and relaxing. The beach area was very clean and stunning.

The staff at the restaurant Olas y Arena... were more than greatest the attention they give us, also they will have us a stand up... for free. (Hahah) they were amazing.

Definitely my wife and I will looking forward to stay more in this paradise.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

During the weekend of July 22 - 24 I stayed with my two kids at this Parador and the experience was outstanding. A villa at meters from the beautiful beach, quiet friendly environment and excellent food options at the place and nearby.

I was very pleased with the experience and the excellent location to drive to other nearby beaches and places!!!

Date of stay: July 2017