All reviews eclipse restaurant villa montana beach resort puerto rico wedding planner zen pool whole complex beautiful grounds dream come true horseback riding laid back tropical trail rides san juan airport kite surfing rental car keep in mind great restaurant
Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

We were just married on January 13,2018 here! We planned a destination wedding with the help of Yhasmina in approximately four months and through two hurricanes! This venue was absolute perfection! The resort was gorgeous and they were working hard up to the day of to make sure everything was as picturesque as ever. On the journey from San Juan to Villa Montaña you can certainly see damage and roadwork being done as repairs are being made and as Puerto Rico is bouncing back—but once inside the gates of Villa Montaña, you will barely notice a single thing! Yhasmina’s assistant,Mara, was on site and was so sweet,responsive,and helpful through our entire stay. That team is a dream to work with!!! We were the first wedding at this venue since Hurricane Maria and the owner,Jessica, knew us on sight when we stepped out of our suite with the champagne that was left in our room with a handwritten letter welcoming us. She came over and welcomed us personally! Jessica and really everyone showed such sweet enthusiasm and appreciativeness that we had trusted that our wedding would happen here regardless of the hurricane and we are so happy we did! This resort has so much vintage and rustic charm. We got our dream southern,rustic style wedding but with the gorgeous views of a Caribbean backdrop. The food at Eclipse is DELICIOUS as well!! Everything was so perfect and it is such a stress-free,all inclusive planning process. It was everything we dreamed of and more. It was a perfect day thanks to each and every staff member. We will certainly be back!!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Villa Montana B... M, Manager at Villa Montana Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2018

Dear Lauren,

Thank you for taking the time to leave this wonderful review of your recent experience at Villa Montana Beach Resort! Planning your wedding was a dream experience, and we feel very lucky you chose to celebrate with us.

We look forward to hosting you again very soon!

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed at the resort for several days . Day one we were given room 3142, it was dank and nasty, and it was leaking water from the AC all over the floor. Upon bringing it to their attention , we were moved to room 3092, whole different experience. Lovely room !!!! Much better accommodations. I was pleased with their quick response and the outcome .

The Eclipse restaurant was really good . Great menu and the view is unbelievable . Every employee we dealt with was wonderful, very gracious and upbeat. The food and drinks were the best ever !

Overall outstanding experience at this spot.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Villa Montana B... M, Manager at Villa Montana Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

Dear Leftbreak66,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at VMBR - we are very happy that your room was lovely, the Eclipse restaurant very good, and the view unbelievable. We hope to see you again!

Best,

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

Went with my wife for a weekend getaway and we discovered PARADISE! Service at check-in and check-out was amazing, really warm and friendly treatment. Dinner at Eclipse restaurant by the beach at dawn is to die for!! The food... OMG!!! It has no description besides pure amazingness of flavor combined with ambient and view. We got served by Delany, the best waitress I have seen. With her charm she knows how to engage a diner and make the evening a memorable one. The room was impecable with a nice view. My wife and I fell in love with the place, the ambient, the warm feeling at Villa Montaña. Definately, a getaway place to go to and leave behind the everyday stress. We are planning on going back!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank juanchocint
Villa Montana B... M, Manager at Villa Montana Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Dear Juanchocint,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive recent experience at Villa Montana Beach Resort! We are so delighted that you and your wife received warm and friendly treatment, loved the food, ambient, and had a memorable vacation!

We hope to see you both again very soon!!

Reviewed 9 August 2017

I'm always a little hesitant about writing reviews because a part of me always wants to keep the place and my experience special and to myself, but I owe it to Villa Montana to tell everyone what an amazing wedding I had... I've been visiting their restaurant Eclipse for a few years and knew right away that I wanted to get married there one day. It has a rustic theme within a beautiful beach setting. Its perfectly decorated as is and is completely opened on all sides. My husband had never even been to Puerto Rico before our wedding, and the first time he visited Eclipse he just looked at me and shook his head in approval... This place is one of a kind.
I planned the wedding in 4 months from the States and I don't think I could have done it without the amazing wedding coordinator Yhasmina. We only communicated by email. Which kind of worried me at first. But she was so incredibly attentive. It was rare that I waited more then an hour or two to hear back and she answered all of my questions, big and small. She never made me feel like a burden. She was always reassuring me that she was there to help in any way and was so friendly. She even let me know when she would be away from the office and when she would be back so that I knew to get any necessary questions in. I can't thank her enough for helping make my dream come true...
I do think its important to address some of the cons that people have brought up... 1.) This place is not cheap. There is an 11.5% tax on EVERYTHING (not the resorts fault of coarse) but it was a little shocking at first... But let's be real. If your from a big city like I am their prices don't even compare. It turned out to be significantly less expensive to get married here in the end. 2) I read in another review that the bride didn't like the fact that there were people on the resort watching the ceremony, including an old homeless looking man on a bicycle. Yes that same man was there to watch my wedding too. But in the end, did it ruin my day or make me upset in any way? No. I maybe noticed him for two seconds but then I moved on. No big deal. 3) I also read a review that mentioned the beach being dirty. Interestingly my husband did mention how he noticed that many of the beaches in PR could use some cleaning up. And its true, I did notice some debris left over from bonfires and things like that and yes maybe it could have used some sprucing up in certain areas. But my pictures came out beautiful nonetheless, and it wasn't something that I particularly noticed during my stay so it didn't bother me...
As you can see my cons are not really cons. Because in the end Villa Montana gave me the most beautiful wedding a girl could ask for. I would not go back and change a thing. I would do it all over again in a heart beat if I could.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Varmang17
Villa Montana B... M, Manager at Villa Montana Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Dear Varmang17,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback and lovely comments! We are so happy to read that you had an amazing planning experience and enjoyed your wedding! Our hotel is legally required to charge the 11.5% tax, as all businesses in the island of Puerto Rico should charge it, unfortunately it is not set by us, and its mandatory by the government.

We hope to see you and your husband again very soon!

Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

This restaurant at Villa Montana was amazing. After a long day of surfing and horseback riding, this is what we needed- to watch the sunset while eating awesome foods and drinking refreshing cocktails. This place is so cool- the decor is stunning! Service was great. The food was all delicious! Priced good! I can't wait to come here again someday!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Villa Montana B... M, Manager at Villa Montana Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2017

Dear Marty71808,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Eclipse Restaurant! We are so happy that you enjoyed the sunset, wholesome foods, cocktails and stunning decor!

We hope to see you again very soon as well!