“Abysmal”
Review of Buenas Olas Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Isabela
Buenas Olas Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Isabela B&B and Inns
NYC
“Abysmal”
Reviewed 9 November 2010

This review is based on the roughly one hour I stayed at this hotel despite the fact that we had a reservation for 2 nights. What confuses me is that I know people who have stayed here in rooms with new furniture, plasma tv etc. That was NOT our experience.

The room we were given was nothing short of a disgrace. We found mouse feces on our bed. Half of the door panel was ripped off from the inside. The AC unit was too small for the hole it was in, leaving a huge gap for mosquitoes to get in. The bathroom had someone's beard trimmings in the sink and on the wall. There was no tv, telephone or anything even resembling creature comforts.

As soon as we arrived I got on the phone and found another hotel for the same price that had such "luxuries" as a phone, tv and clean bathroom. I didn't even bother to complain before we left as I knew the hotel was sold out and anyone who would be willing to put guests in a room like that is best avoided, in my opinion. I have stayed in better $30 motels. Do not be fooled by the pictures on here. You are not guaranteed to get a room like that.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Budgiesmuggler

Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed 31 August 2010

This hotel is a travelers nightmare, i looked at some fotos from travelvelocity and it look nice and affordable but it was far from becoming what i imagine it would be...first i couldnt find the damm place then when i finally manage to find it i thought a was about to be attack by 2 or 3 stray dogs inside the lobby, no one was at the lobby if you can call it a lobby...finally i manage to find someone who said he was the manager he gave me a key to the room and when i got to the room it was a disaster no towels, the balcony had water accumulated and an army of mosquitoes was in the room i was concern catching anything from these mosquitos, i told the manager that i was not staying in the hotel due to all these safety hazard and that i wanted a refund, he said he wasnt authorize to do so to call the manager kevin he gave me his phone i called every day but could not communicate with this kevin....so bewareee you are warn!!!! i have included some fotos of this hotel

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank bairoa69
Dyer, Indiana
Reviewed 11 July 2010

The hotel was very difficult to find based on the address given. We ended up driving past it a few times before realizing it was there. No A/C in the lobby and no one was at the front desk. We had to go to the bar to find someone. Check-in was a little sketchy. We showed our reservations but were never even asked to show identification. The decor in the room was very nice. Cute furniture with a very modern feel. We stayed for a week and there were four days that our towels were not changed and someone had clearly been in the room since the bed was made. It happened twice for two days in a row each time. No phones or alarms. The cleaning person also turned off the air conditioning every time you left, so when you came back it would take a few minutes before you could get comfortable again. Window did not have a screen and doors were not perfectly sealed so a few mosquitoes were able to get in. No hand towels or wash cloths so make sure to bring your own. The potential is there. Great location near Jobos beach. Possibly need just a little more funding to make it a great place. Power went out in our area one night. They do not have a back up generator, so no lights and no A/C for as long as it takes for them to come back on, which is not good when the temp. is in the 90's and there is 100% humidity.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank CandiceN
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 24 June 2010

This hotel is a blend of Modern, sophisticated and simplistic design. The rooms are very comfortable and each room has a hammock on the balcony for relaxation. It truly is a hidden gem for numerous reasons including: the staff, location, decor, food, bar and its remoteness in the off season.

They had mouth watering Thai Tacos and delicious Surfer Empanadas. The staff was very friendly to English speaking guests. All of the staff was genuine and helpful from the front desk, to the cook, to the bartender to the housekeeper.

I highly recommend Buenas Olas Hotel you will not be disappointed, you will be intrigued and highly satisfied. My boyfriend and I enjoyed the location and had an amazing stay! It was great to see a part of the island that was not by San Juan. Thanks for an eye-opening stay!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mariarosesuma
usa
Reviewed 3 June 2010

I arrived at the hotel and there was no one at the front desk or any signs indicating where to find anybody. In fact, I never saw anyone at the front desk during my stay. I wandered into the bar and found someone who could check me in. Having to check in at a bar didn't make me feel very comfortable about the place, but the people seemed nice and I had arrived before the official check in time and they still let me check in. Frances, the maid was still cleaning my room and was extremely kind, and the staff helped me carry my baggage up the stairs. Then things took a turn for the worse. The room had no wash cloths or hot water. It also turned out that my room was just a few feet away from the propped open back door to the bar. I could hear everything - and I mean everything happening in the bar. As the night progressed the noise increased. By the t.v. there was a note saying that if the bar got too loud, to just call them. I waited as late in the night as I could and called four times, but no one answered. Finally, someone answered and was very rude, but they did shut the door to the bar. Shortly after check in I thought I would escape from the bar noise and walk down to the beach. Even that was a bad experience. As I approached the beach I was surrounded by three angry, growling dogs, and the beach had trash on it.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank justtravellingalong
Also consider these accommodations in or near Isabela
2.3 km away
14.4 km away
Hotel El Guajataca
Hotel El Guajataca
#1 of 2 in Quebradillas

Been to Buenas Olas Hotel? Share your experiences!