Shenstone Motor Inn & Restaurant
US$85
  • Breakfast included
US$77
US$72
Waterview on The Bay(Wiarton)(Great Value!)
US$89
The Spirit Rock Outpost & Lodge(Wiarton)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$76
US$68
Pacific Inn(Wiarton)
US$117
Agoda.com
Kit Wat Motel Restaurant & Marina(Sauble Beach)(Great Value!)
US$85
Sauble Beach Lodge(Sauble Beach)(Great Value!)
US$143
No availability for your dates from these sites
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Tried to call and reserve a room for a family weekend and spoke to the owner who was extremely rude and not helpful whatbso ever. My mother also spoke to the woman and she was the same to her. I have never stayed their and never will because of her unprofessional manurism. It says on their website that customers are their number 1 priority definately not true!!

• Stayed: August 2012
5  Thank kfiyduvob
Reviewed 18 July 2013

If you want a great breakfast, perfectly cooked, at a great price, this is the place. There is a dearth of places in and around Wiarton that serve a traditional bacon and egg breakfast. On the recommendation of the staff at the Wiarton Tim Horton's we drove for 4 mins. outside of Wiarton to the ShenStone Motor Inn and had a delicious breakfast. Seeing the wallpaper borders in this place alone make it worth the trip. Outhouse borders in the bathrooms - the ladies room has a cat and a fancy hat by the outhouses. :)

Definitely a go-back when we're in the area.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Shenstone Motor Inn turned out to be an excellent choice for budget-minded travellers. Clean, spacious and well-appointed rooms, great service and friendly hosts. I would recommend this motel to anyone vising the Bruce Peninsula.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 October 2011

OMG ... I couldn't believe it Arrived at 10:30 pm and wanted to leave at 6:30 pm (had to catch the ferry). Was told to come to the office in the morning when you wanted to check out. Well ... was I ever made to feel like a complete imbecile for checking out that early. Apparently I disrupted their existence by perfroming such an idiotic act. I was incredulous!! Unbelievably rude and confrontational. Worst $60.00 I have ever spent. Let me know when there is new ownership. Too bad, cuz it's a nice clean, quiaint little place.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
9  Thank Ryan Q
Reviewed 23 August 2011

We had some misgivings about this place based on a previous review about argumentative management - but on this weekend, the only other real choice was paying $180 per night for a smoking room in the Owen Sound Motel 6 - seriously?

The place itself is on the highway, which is a little busy on weekends, but the noise was not really a problem. The person who assisted us on check-in seemed friendly and efficient enough, though we were doing our best to avoid anything that might start a fight. The room was a very good size, with sitting/eating area, plus a queen bed. The bathroom was functional, and the tiles and caulking looking good, but the bath tub and drain were pretty much due for replacement. Both the room and the bathroom were very clean - the most important thing - and the decorating was pretty fresh. The furnishings in terms of style looked like they were from the motel's opening... which was back in the 70s. But they were functional. The window screen was loose, and fell off when we tried to air out the room (might have been some 70s disco music wafting around, though it wasn't at all bad).

It was quiet at night, though I don't think the adjacent rooms were necessarily occupied. I suspect it might not be quiet if they were, as the walls didn't give the appearance of being that solid. But then maybe the 'argumentative management' would quiet any really rowdy guests?

The only downside was the pillows - they were rock-hard, and there were only two that we could see. I like having two all to myself, but these were solid enough that I'd be happier with none.

Breakfast was good, and great value. Probably the easiest way to prove that is to point out there were three police cars there when we woke up, and six officers having breakfast. Judging by the interaction with staff, they must eat there pretty often. These are the guys that should know the best places to go...

If we hadn't read the previous review, we really wouldn't have had any hesitation about going here. It was a nice room, if a little dated, we were treated well, and the price, while not brilliant, was miles better than anything in Owen Sound (we've looked at quite a few of the places there, and they are all underwhelming, even before you take often ridiculous prices into consideration).

So we would definitely stay here again, and would encourage others to do so. We'll probably be back ourselves for another weekend hiking. Too bad they don't have on-line booking, though if they did, I think they would probably be full all the time if they didn't jack up their rates.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family