“Not Too Bad for a Days Inn”
Review of Days Inn Natchez

Days Inn Natchez
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Natchez
Reviewed 5 March 2012

This was a one-night stopover and, based on other Tripadvisor reviews, there didn't seem to be a lot of good choices in Natchez, and many of the hotels seemed really pricey compared to my last couple of stops (in Lubbock and College Station, Texas). For a Days Inn, which is usually more "downscale" than the places I stay, this wasn't too bad. It had a microwave and fridge, always a plus, although the refrigerator had not been cleaned after the last guest (or two?). The mat under the shampoo and soap on the bathroom counter had not been moved in a while and had a dirt ring around it, and there was a stain on the blanket, which I found when I took the bedspread off. Still, the carpet seemed new, and the furnishings were okay.

The desk called shortly after I got into the room to see if everything was okay, a nice touch (I hadn't found the cleanliness issues yet). The rooms have huge windows opening onto a walkway, so there is virtually no privacy unless you keep your curtains closed at all times. Thankfully, there are plenty of lamps to light up what would otherwise be a cave-like space. The parking lot is a little noisy, but the price is right and it's only for one night.

Would I stay here again? Maybe, but I think I might take my chances on another hotel if I find myself in Natchez in the future.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank crwdenver

Reviewed 10 February 2012

We enjoyed our stay here. It was the best priced hotel so we gave them a try. The room was better than average and had several freebies. There was a free dinner that was a chicken tetrazinni and mustard greens that was really tasty and a better than average free breakfast. There was also no charge to use the wireless internet signal. The room was clean and comfortable. Overall a really good value.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Norman P
Reviewed 25 January 2012

This clean, convenient motel is a weary traveler's friend. They offer (apparently weekday) a warm crockpot dish & muffins for free upon check-in. Everyone cares how happy you are, and it shows in the room, too. It is large, has a fridge & microwave, is clean, has no smell, and the bed is comfortable. Plenty of good lamps & easy plug access.No sound transmission from room to room. Excellent value. This is a business traveler's oasis (& those fellas don't sleep in, so there will be door slamming early).. I will plan my business trips to include staying here.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank eLaurel
Reviewed 20 January 2012

Adequate hotel for an overnight on the road. M-Th they offer a free evening meal in addition to the breakfast they serve every day. Not bad for around $50
We had sausage, rice and beans the night we stayed. Breakfast was adequate - cold cereal, bread, some eggs. Biscuits and gravy was very good.
Everything was clean and the people at the reception desk and breakfast room were very friendly and helpful.
The room could use some updating, but was just fine for the price. The sink in our room needed to be replaced as did the bedspread.
Be sure you put your "Do not disturb" sign out when you go to bed if you plan to sleep in a bit. The housekeepers start knocking on the door at around 8:30am.
They have laundry facilities (at $2/load) which is useful while you are on the road.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TIC09
Reviewed 30 December 2011

First, the good points. Ms. Pat, who I think might be the manager, was welcoming and gracious. There were a couple of issues with my room and she addressed them immediately and effectively. The other hotel staff I interacted with were also friendly and helpful. I was pleasantly surprised that the hotel actually serves dinner Mondays through Thursdays, at no additional cost! The night I was there, it was chicken cacciatore, green beans, and corn muffins. Not bad.

In the morning, it was a really nice touch to see coffee flavorings (including sugar free). Both they and the coffee are Starbucks brand.

Although my room was decidedly worn, the carpet appeared new, and the room was clean. My room had a microwave and fridge. I really liked that the curtains provided complete privacy - they closed totally, unlike many hotel curtains that you have to adjust to get them to cover the windows entirely.

Some of the not so good: I'm not crazy about having housekeeping knocking on my door before 9:00 asking me if I'm going to check out. Also, there must have been some kind of electrical issue in my room; the lamps would flicker on and off. It was clear that the bathroom sink in the lobby lavatory hadn't been cleaned in a long, long time. (But again, my room and bathroom were clean.)

(I wish hotel managers at all hotels would make a practice of visiting every single room on a rotating basis so they could check things out such as cleanliness (especially looking at often-overlooked switchplates, telephones, remotes) and checking to see that everything works as it should.)

Overall: I would definitely stay at this Days Inn again. Despite a few issues, the responsiveness of the manager and her staff made all the difference in outweighing the challenges.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo