“Nice cafe and gift shop among the Redwoods”

Muir Woods Trading Co
Ranked #19 of 103 Restaurants in Mill Valley
Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

Very convenient inside the park. We grabbed a snack and water for the trail in the cafe. The baked goods were great. After our hike, we returned for some lunch which was good as well. The gift shop has lots of nice and interesting items. Worth a stop.

Reviewed 6 July 2016

My family of 5 finished the nice, relaxing hike through Muir Woods. I always go through gift shops so we checked this one out since we're in the middle of a forest with nothing else around.

The cafe had some baked goods that looked really good. The sandwich shop was already closed. Everything is Organic.

I thought the prices were reasonable for being a tourist place. I gladly paid for the convenience of hot coffee, hot coco, brownies, chocolate chip muffins and honey covered corn bread. It was early evening so we found a nice big table for us.

The gift shop prices were comparable to Fisherman's Wharf so we bought some stuff as well.

Reviewed 8 June 2016

Since we left SF early without eating breakfast first, we enjoyed a snack and some refreshments at this cafe after our 2-mile walk through Muir Woods. I selected an Organic Blueberry Muffin ($3.95) to eat and a Tazo Peach Tea ($3.95) to drink off the menu. After taxes, my muffin and beverage cost just over $8.50. That seems a big pricey to me. I don't know. Maybe it's just me. No, I don't think it is.

Seating is limited. We were lucky to arrive before the lunch crowds so we easily had the table of our choice. As well as a small cafe, this building and company also provide a gift shop for all your souvenir browsing pleasures.

Reviewed 23 May 2016

Not just a typical souvenir shop, this location had a nice selection of woolens, wood carved items, and some nice quality silver jewelry. You need to eat your snacks there and not carry them throughout the woods, which we appreciated when walking through the quiet and pristine woods.

Reviewed 1 January 2016 via mobile

It's in a national park, so hugely busy and you pay a slight premium. That said, the food is mostly organic, local and tasty, and the menu choices are designed to help with the quick bite option. We liked the emphasis on environmental concern and would recommend the honey cornbread in particular for fuel round the park.