“Disappointing Starter”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 31 May 2018

I had the set lunch menu of a starter and main, three choices of each to choose from. I was disappointed as were two of my friends by the lack of flavour in the smoked duck with raspberry starter, it needed a little oil or something on the salad as it was quite dry and not very good.

However the salmon main was very good as was the service and atmosphere.

A service charge was added at the end and I feel that it should be left to the customer to decide how much of a tip they would like to leave.

Philippa H, Guest Relations Manager at Pier 64, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2018

Dear Scottydog119,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

We appreciate all feed back we receive and have passed your comments to our kitchen team so that they can review their recipies.

As stated on our menus, our service charge is completely discretionary and we would of course have removed this should you have asked.

I hope this will not deter you from visiting us again, and hope to see you in the near future.

With kindest regards

The Pier 64 Team

Reviewed 30 May 2018

Lovely venue , great service , delicious food!
They also serve Midori which is amazing (Melon Liqueur)

Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

My parents decided to take my wife and I for a meal here during the day. They recommended the set lunch, something that I’m always a little sceptical of as they can sometimes feel like they play second fiddle to the a la carte menu.

Happily, Pier 64 has a great set lunch menu. The celeriac roulade tasted like an excellent coleslaw which I loved while I had steak for my main, something that you never see on a set lunch for less than £16! The steak was fantastic and came with some lovely chips and a sauce. The service was also very, very good. This place is a must visit and feels very swanky with the great setting and attractive interior!

Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

I was one of fifteen family attending a wedding meal here.

The setting, food and value were all five stars. Service was overall very good. My steak was overcooked so there was a delay while that was corrected.

Lovely setting in Penarth Marina overlooking the water.

It does have a car park but it’s not obvious where it is. Best park outside and ask the restaurant.

Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

Visited for the first time today for lunch to celebrate my husbands birthday. Was very impressed nice atmosphere, excellent value set lunch menu and attentive staff. Food was excellent and good selection of cocktails. Will definitely visit again, hopefully in nicer weather as the view over the Marina is lovely.