“Must see!”

Ranked #13 of 27 things to do in Keystone
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 6 October 2017

We stopped here before heading up to Mount Rushmore and it was amazing! We learned more about Gutzon Borglum than I ever imagined. I was completely unaware of the other sculptures around the US other than just Mount Rushmore. We recommend stopping there before heading up to Mount Rushmore, it makes the experience more amazing.

2  Thank MNgirl3309
in 20 reviews
"headsets"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 2 October 2017

Lots of very interesting historical information. Actual size example of Lincoln's eye carved in granite.
Good to see before you visit Mt Rushmore.

1  Thank JMBH
Reviewed 1 October 2017

This center has a self guided audio tour. You can go at your own pace. The people running it are very friendly and helpful

2  Thank moondude46
Reviewed 30 September 2017

GUTZON, I thank you. To appreciate what and how of working in granite, you must tour this place. The geometry involved and the fine detail and documentation were crucial to the completion to our country's greatest home made monument. The risks that were accepted as part of their job by these workers is amazing. Spend an hour and educate yourself.

1  Thank Bobby B
See more reviews
Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

I am so glad we did this first!! It really taught me all I needed to know and more about the sculptor of Mt Rushmore. Although it isn't as interactive as what people are used to in modern museums, it definitely serves its purpose for what I wanted to learn. Definitely must do.