“clean, quiet, comfortable”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Keystone
Rustic Ridge Guest Cabins
Denver, CO
“clean, quiet, comfortable”
Reviewed 30 October 2011

I was traveling with a small dog in the middle of October and all I couldn't find a hotel in the area that allowed pets, so I moved to searching for a small cabin. I can't tell you how glad I am the hotels didn't allow pets, because I would never have found Rustic Ridge.

After looking at a few other cabins online, I decided to stay at Rustic Ridge based on price, reviews, and customer service (prompt response from my initial inquiry). And Rustic Ridge is open year round, which I can't say for other properties in the area, since it seems like most places shut down in mid October.

I stayed in cabin #5, a cute cabin with more than enough space for me, my BF and our dog. The cabin was very clean, very quiet, and very comfortable (3 of my must haves, since I'm used to staying at 4-5 star hotels/resorts). Both Crystal & Jim (the owners) were extremely nice and they let us be during our 2 night stay. The cabin was well equipped and well stocked with extra towels, blankets, and pillows.

Since I was in cabin #5 (one of 3 cabins that sit higher on the property), the road noise was not a problem, as I couldn't even hear it. But even if I did stay in one of the lower cabins, I can't imagine it would be all that loud from the amount of traffic on the road at night. Each cabin has a dedicated parking spot, which I found to be a nice little bonus.

I would definitely stay here again if I am ever in the area (and maybe I will head back to the Keystone area just to get another Big Time Pizza - best pizza ever!).

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lori213

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Kansas City
Reviewed 27 July 2011

This was a fabulous place to stay. We rented cabin #5 & it was perfect for our family. Kids slept in the loft and loved it! Owner were super nice and friendly - even came down to check on us & brought fresh towels. Cabin was super cute and very clean. also perfectly located - 10 min. from Mt. Rushmore and Peter Norbeck Hwy, 30 min. from Crazy Horse, 1 hr from Jewel cave. We would absolutely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank kjfort
Torrington CT
Reviewed 10 September 2010

We were so impressed with the facilities and the hosts, after taking a chance and selecting the place on the web. I would love to retire in such a nice, new cabin -everything you needed was already there -clean and comfortable. Within minutes we were at Rushmore, and into Custer park watching all the game animals. Some good dining is nearby in Keystone. It's also a good place to stay in order to get to the airport in Rapid City and a good choice for visiting the Badlands.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank ctfisherman_10
Orinda, California
Reviewed 7 September 2010

The cabin worked out great for the 3 of us (my grown son, boyfriend and myself). The cabin was really clean and well-stocked for an accomodation of this type. The location was convenient. The owners were helpful.

Only negative is the road noise.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank spazgirl
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 23 August 2010

First, these are beautiful cabins. They are new and very clean. However, they are right off a 60 MPH highway, which can be a bit noisy. The biggest problem that we had was with the owners who are extremely...well...crazy. We rented three of their cabins for four nights totaling over $2,000. One of our little ones moved a couple of flat slate rocks from their wall around the fire pit area about 10 x 6 x 1 inches. She [Owner] pointed this out to me and I apologized and said that I would place them back on the wall. She pursued to yell at me because they needed to be placed in a certain manner. Now, I didn't go to "rock wall building university" but I'm pretty sure that I could have placed them back without issue. This being only one run in that we had with the owners on items they perceived to be detrimental to the state of their facility, which I assure you, they were not. It got to the point where we were just plain scared to touch anything. A few weeks after our stay, we received a bill and a note to replace a towel that had a stain on it. Non of us are sure what she is talking about, but we let if go not wanting anything else to do with these people. My suggestion is that if you are looking for just a place to sleep while roaming around the Black Hill, this is a great place. But this is not the place if you have a family, plan to be together, grill, and let the kids play.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
14 Thank Cleahy96
Also consider these accommodations in or near Keystone
4.8 km away
3.9 km away
K Bar S Lodge
K Bar S Lodge
#1 of 14 in Keystone

Been to Rustic Ridge Guest Cabins? Share your experiences!