“Great Experience!!”

Ranked #1 of 62 Restaurants in Coatbridge
Price range: US$12 - US$48
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Hotel I Bar I Restaurant Since its successful launch in July 2012 Mondo has become One of Lanarkshire's Most Popular & Bustling Restaurants. Our Restaurant has an elegant open plan design but also has 2 Stunning Fire's, which create a cosy & warm ambience. We also have a Private Dining Room, which seats 16 and is the perfect place to create memories with friends, family or loved ones. Our Chefs design & create menus not just to 'serve food' but to offer the Best of... The seasons ingredients using Award Winning suppliers such as: Q Guild Butcher, Tom Rodgers - Byres Rd, Cairnhill Farm - Girvin Albert Bartlett Rooster Potatoes Serving a Selection of Menus throughout including, Breakfast, Express Lunch, Early Evening & Full A la Carte, Mondo Restaurant is the perfect place to unwind at any time of the day. Mondo Restaurant is located within the heart of Coatbridge Town and offers Free Parking for all guests.
Reviewed 26 October 2017

I have visited this restaurant twice within a week, first occasion lunch with a friend and second time dinner with the family, on both occasions despite being very busy, the service was excellent by very nice staff. Menu is first class and reasonably priced.
Food is beautifully cooked and very well presented.

2  Thank James S

Reviewed 23 October 2017

Surprised I haven't reviewed this before as we come here on a regular basis. It certainly has one of the nicer atmospheres locally, and the food is always good. It is clearly popular and we have to book several days before to be sure of getting a table on a Saturday.
The menu is comprehensive with more adventurous continental dishes as well as steak pie , fish and chips etc...all of which are tasty and well presented. They also do an early evening menu and a wide selection of drinks and cocktails. It can get quite busy at times, putting a bit of strain on the service, but staff are always friendly and helpful.
Our only disappointment is their chips .....whether standard fries or skinny fries they are never crispy, and inevitably have the texture of potato wedges rather than chips. Despite this, it is one of our favourite places locally, and we always enjoy our meals.

1  Thank itripney
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

This is a Must visit , food excellent and staff lovely & helpful . Great value too . Will definitely be back

1  Thank Lesley A
Reviewed 16 October 2017

I phoned in the morning for a booking of a table for 3 for 5:30pm on Saturday and was pleased that one was available. This suited our arrangements for the day and also allowed us to choose from the early evening menu.
I was with my wife and sister-in-law and each of us chose to start with mains. My wife chose chicken goujons and my sister-in-law and I had haddock, chips, peas and salad. We were able to have breaded or battered. I have attached a photograph of my meal, showing the breaded haddock with thick cut chips and the salad. The haddock and chips were thoroughly well cooked and very tasty. We are fortunate in Scotland to have such excellent fish and to have it well cooked and presented is delightful.
Each of us chose Apple Tart as a sweet with ice cream and cream and that too was excellent. Again I have attached a photograph, which shows how well it was presented. The subtle tastes in this sweet were greatly appreciated and lingered long.
Throughout the Service was to a very high standard. It was efficient, helpful and friendly; just exactly what I look for and tell others about.
I can recommend and thank Mondo’s.

1  Thank JohnKnox
Reviewed 14 October 2017

Dined here on Friday evening and as a party of three we all enjoyed the sirloin steak can’t see past this on the menu, really delicious. Lovely Diane sauce and veggies along with scrummy hand cut chips. Also a side of onion rings too good to miss. Followed by sticky toffee pudding. Staff are always attentive and work hard with excellent service with a smile and good old banter too. A Wee gem in Coatbridge!

1  Thank Liz D