Lowest prices for your stay
US$120
View deal
eDreams
Priceline
Agoda.comUS$120
ZenHotels.com
All reviews steak pie haggis pakora firth of clyde water front fantastic views soup restaurant bar booked a table my mum fraser menu scotland base
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 May 2021 via mobile

What an excellent place to stay, The staff are warm and friendly and nothing is too much trouble, we had an evening meal whilst staying and the food was excellent, when we checked in we were amazed at the view from our room ( number 5) it’s stunning and the room and bed are fabulous
In the morning we had a fantastic breakfast again served by friendly attentive staff
We found the price to be a fantastic bargain and would definitely stay again
I’ve said fantastic a lot but that’s the only word to describe the experience

Room tip: There is parking on the sea front and book your evening meal when booking your room the place is extremely popular so get booking early
Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 May 2021 via mobile

We stayed at the Spinnaker over night, so that we could attend a ( limited, outdoor) family birthday celebration.
The room was comfortable , freshly decorated and clean, the bathroom large and modern, with complimentary toiletries, and the nice touch of a real plant!
Tea and coffee facilities in room, and a large tv.
The bar was operating outside only due to Covid restrictions, but I can say from pre- lockdown experience, that it is a lovely bar to sit in, with a wide selection of drinks, good and varied food is also served, and the view from the bar is glorious. And they are dog friendly ( in bar and rooms) which was very helpful for us . Dog even got a sausage at breakfast.

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 13 November 2020

Went for dinner with my mum and ordered 2 steak pies with chips. On receiving the meal the steak was cold so I returned the food and I was told they would be heated up. After about 10 minutes the 2 meals were brought back and the meat was extremely tough and completely dried up. I’ve no idea why a chef would think it was appropriate to send the food back out as by this point it was inedible and didn’t looking appealing at all. I’ve ate out a lot at the Spinnaker a lot and in particular during the eat out scheme and always had really nice food. Really disappointed today and wont chose to eat here again

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 2 November 2020

My son and I stayed at the Spinnaker Hotel for 2 nights whilst visiting my late husbands father in Gourock.

The views across the Clyde are amazing, the rooms were clean, comfortable and warm. The staff were friendly and welcoming and the food was very good.

We will definitely go back the next time we are in Scotland.

Date of stay: October 2020
Reviewed 28 September 2020

Visiting Port Glasgow on what was a driek day with our Bedlington terrier for a walk along the esplanade. Spotted The Spinnaker from across the road and a quick check to see if dog friendly. Yes was the answer and we were welcomed into a comfortable lounge area perfectly socially distanced and ordered soup and sandwiches an£ my wife had a glass ( or two) of wine.
Fantastic very friendly and welcoming service. Great food and nice menu with ligh5 choices and more substantial choices for those hungrier.
Good prices and perfectly placed with good free parking nearby.
Also water and a sausage for Monty. What more could you ask for!
We will definitely be back.

Date of stay: September 2020