All reviews no elevator mt rainier complimentary wine breakfast room floor room rooms are large yogurt free breakfast biscuits gravy free glasses patties basic room evening wine first floor park entrance chain hotel hot breakfast
Reviewed 3 January 2018

My family and I stayed here over the Christmas season for a night. The lobby is beautiful with a lodge look and feel. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We were there because I was taking my grandson, son, and his wife on the Polar Bear express train ride and this place was so conveniently located. The room was clean and comfy. It was quiet and a nice place to be able to relax. The breakfast was good. They also offer free glasses of wine starting around 5:30 which we didn't have the opportunity to take advantage of due to our train time but it was a nice touch. There were a few places close by to get dinner as well. No bottled water in the room or in the vending machines however, when we asked at the front desk we were given 2 bottles of water. We would stay here again

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
prettygm, General Manager at Nisqually Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2018

Thank you for your stay and your kind review. We hope to see you next year for the Polar Express!

Reviewed 2 December 2017

We took the Washington Wine Express train tour which BTW was excellent and decided to stay at this inn for the night. We had comfortable clean accommodations, friendly innkeepers, a nice glass of wine in the afternoon and a good breakfast to follow. We would stay there again in this lovely Mt. Ranier area.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your kind review. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay! See you again in the future!

Reviewed 18 November 2017

The interior of the accommodation looks when I was looking to stay near Mt Rainier. So we booked it.
The check in process was quick, and the receptionist was very friendly and helpful. We recommended a nice place for dinner on the day of our arrival. Our room was on the 2nd floor as we booked a king size bed. The room was really spacious, with a balcony. But we didn't have the chance to stay at the balcony was it was raining and cold. We don't have those sounds as mentioned by other traveler.
There is also a coffee machine. Bottled water and mint was given as part of the welcome gift. Breakfast was considered decent with hot food, and good selection.
The receptionist also provide us with information on where to visit before the Longmire gate was opened.
There is coffee, tea and hot chocolate provided in the lobby, next to the fireplace. It's really a very nice place to rest and relax in the evening. We really like this place. I highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: King size room has balcony and is on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
prettygm, Manager at Nisqually Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2017

So glad you enjoyed your stay. Thanks for the nice review! We hope to see you again in the future. :)

Brandie

Reviewed 17 November 2017

A quaint lodge in a sleep town perfect for those to get away from the city. The rooms have a hallway all connecting to a main entrance - no outside entry to the rooms (like a motel).

The staff were helpful and kind answering any questions and providing pointers on places to eat.

Pros:
Spacious rooms - clean
Modern amenities - hairdryer, coffee maker in room, mini-fridge and microwave
Free wine tasting
Descent breakfast
Main room is nicely done

Cons:
Rooms are still built off old hotel framework. You can hear your neighbors next door (faint sounds like dresser drawers opening/closing, and the opening/closing of the main door) and definitely hear them above if you are on the first floor.
The room is cooled/heated by an old wall/under window unit with analog temperature dial on the device ... no thermostat to give a temperature reading.
Pricier than other lodging nearby. However, they are touting a 3-star feel.

The bed was comfortable and to me that is important when claiming a star rating. The bed felt very much like a luxurious setup. However, I am been at 2-star lodging with the same feel.

The room was spacious to me and I liked the mini-fridge and microwave. The towels were a little scratchy - FYI. I am fine with that but just letting all know this. The coffee is Kirkland brand so if you are a fan of Costco you will be at home... if you are a fan of Sams you may be upset.

The free wine tasting was a treat. The wine must be consumed in the eating area -
but you can enjoy in the main lobby. I was informed that the wine was sourced from local providers but bought from Costco.

The breakfast was more than I expected but it is nothing of luxury. It was good. Yes, they have coffee, scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, bread, muffins, and a waffle maker. The biscuits were cold but eggs and gravy were hot. I have no idea if these were from Costco.....but if you follow the pattern above.

In summary the visit was enjoyable and if you don't mind hearing stomping feet above you (all depends on who is above you I guess) or next to you the stay should be quiet and relaxing. I am told I hear everything and I was able to tune it out for the most part (it didn't wake me up or anything).

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank travel_d2026
Reviewed 11 November 2017

There are not many hotels near Mt Rainier; the Nisqually Lodge is best in class by far. They go out of their way to help you out, including getting reservations at the Copper Creek Canyon restaurant. We received water and mint patties upon arrival. Enjoyed sitting by the fire in the lobby. Breakfast covered all the basics. In another part of the country this would be a four star Best Western-like experience. But when you see what else is available near Mt Rainier (including lodging in the park), this is by far your best option.

Room Tip: No elevators, so if you have lots of luggage you should request a ground floor room.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple