I have stayed here several times now.
The hotel is in an attractive setting. You can see it as you drive along the M6, and it is just out of a small village, next to the canal with its own lake.
Rooms are generally OK. I find the best ones are on the 1st floor, away from the M6. I stayed in 1 once where the window would not shut properly and it leaked in noise.
Building works are going on to build new additional rooms.
Staff and check in is generally fine.
Bar is nice, good service.
Breakfast has always been good, nice cooked items, sometimes service can be slow.
Quite a good choice to stop at in this part of the world.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Moat House Staffordshire, an independent, family run hotel with four coveted AA stars....a unique and very special place. The luxury Moat House Hotel boasts a canal side location in the picturesque village of Acton Trussell. It extends a warm family welcome which guarantees industry leading professionalism and service. Whether your need is for accommodation, fine dining, a wedding venue or the best in corporate hospitality, our beautiful, historical buildings provide the perfect solution. Close to junction 13 of the M6 and within a short drive of Stafford, The Moat House combines a taste of history with leading-edge facilities and unrivaled service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Expedia, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Booking.com and HRS so you can book your The Moat House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Moat House Acton Trussell Hotel Acton Trussell
- Moat Hotel Acton Trussell