“Excellent lunch with the kids”

Moscato Italian Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 37 Restaurants in Camp Verde
Reviewed 15 February 2021 via mobile

We had a chance to get away for a lunch at Moscato with the kids on a day off from school. While we made reservations, we started out as the only ones in the place at 11:30 am. The lunch menu is significantly smaller than the dinner menu, and I can understand the reason for focusing dishes during less busy times. With a little creativity, you can expand the menu well with your choices. Kids tried three different things. One went classic spaghetti with marinara and she was quite happy. Second went with fettuccini Alfredo and he was quite happy. Third split the lunch for two panini with salad and soup with my wife. The lunch for two was huge and definitely worth considering. I had the spaghetti arribiata with house made sausage added. it was spot on. Pasta was made just right and were good sized portions for the price even at lunch. We also added in a burrata caprese salad for the table that had fresh firm tomatoes and excellent fresh burrata mozzarella. As great as the entrees are, we all know we are here for the desserts. The tiramisu was as great as I remember with the little crunchy pearls on top and the right mix of amaretto and coffee flavors. I would fight you in the alley for another one. We also tried the mousse cake that they had as a special and it was huge and wonderfully moist, chocolatey, and creamy, while not feeling like you ate a brick 30 minutes later. The staff was great and wore masks and kept distance. Our table was well distanced from other tables. While I enjoyed the dinner I had a bit more, I have not had a lunch like this in years. You will remember it. I will most certainly be back again.

Date of visit: February 2021
1  Thank BrandonK850
Write a reviewReviews (294)

Reviewed 14 February 2021

This was our eighth visit to Moscatos...four were for dinner and four for lunch. The lunch menu offers a somewhat limited menu featuring soup and sandwiches...pasta dishes are also available, but my personal preference is the delicious soups served in large bowls. The soups could easily be a meal in itself and half of the sandwich can be taken home for later.
The dinner menu is extensive...portions large and tasty. I am especially partial to the liver. Liver is not a favorite for most folks, but I find this dish to be exceptional. Everyone we have taken there has been lavish in their praise of whatever dish they selected. I rate Moscatos as one of the very best in the entire area. Reservations are advisable because the restaurant is usually full.

Date of visit: February 2021
1  Thank wwarmstrong
Reviewed 27 January 2021

This was my second visit to Moscato and the first for my significant other. I was pleased again and she was very pleasantly surprised by the experience.

I remember the interior being a little less new and a little more rustic. I missed that previous experience a bit as far as the décor.

The food, from the house made sausage plate, to the Caesar salads, pasta and shrimp all the way to the incredible desserts were absolutely outstanding. I wish I could have eaten more than two desserts and will try harder next time. The glass of wine provided was significant enough that I didn't wonder how big a glass of wine is "supposed" to be as I often do at many places.

The service provided by our server, Paul was very good as it was from the rest of the staff as well. Will definitely be back to Moscato and it will be much sooner than later.

On this visit I learned that the owner chef chose the location based on the uniqueness of the building. The Montezuma Inn lives on!

Date of visit: January 2021
1  Thank ElectricReviews
Reviewed 20 January 2021

We drove through Camp Verde looking for a place to eat, saw Moscato's sign, and stopped because we like Italian. It is very rustic on the outside like an old Western saloon or hotel, but inside it is elegant, refined and very inviting. The menu is amazing- a wonderful offering of very tempting Italian dishes. We both settled on the Weekend Ragu Spaghetti, which is a homemade pasta topped with an elegant Bolognese meat sauce made of beef and pork- fantastic!!! They had so many interesting offerings that we hope we can go back and try more of them later. This restaurant seemed several cuts above everything else we saw in Camp Verde, and you have to stumble on it or seek it out- it's truly a hidden gem.

Date of visit: January 2021
2  Thank abqsage
Reviewed 26 December 2020

This was our first time there - Kaylee was great - food great - prices good - deserts divine - so 5 stars for them. we will be back! Looking below I am shocked that they are now doing GESTAPO methods to check and spy on everyone with their COVID BS - not the restaurant but Tripadvisor. Continue you fear methods - we are not going for it.

Date of visit: December 2020