“Delicious!”

Add it.
Rafi Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #209 of 412 Restaurants in Frederick
Reviewed 2 November 2017

Best marinara sauce I've had at a restaurant! Took my Dad here (who grew up with an Italian mother) and he loved it. We have been back mulitple tines. Would definitely recommend.

Reviewed 4 September 2016

The restaurant is located on Thomas Johnson Drive in Frederick. We were seated promptly upon entering but the restaurant was mostly empty and we were seated next to a loud and noisy group. We were moved but you would think common sense would be used when seating folks. The menu is very extensive with lots of Italian favorites. I had the cheese ravioli. It was much better than The Olive Garden but, because of the $10 cost, I thought expensive since you do not get a salad with it. A small green salad included with the meal would have good a long way to making it a perfect meal. They also brought only one slice of bread per person so we had to ask for more. The bread was very good. Not sure if I would return due to value for cost.

Reviewed 8 April 2016

If you liked the old Nido's then you will like this place. If not you will NOT. My wife and I happen to love this place. We have learned certain things which once you are aware of you will not order. The salads are just so-so Only olive oil and vinegar dressing. The bread is bland and oleo is what you get. The key is to order the white pizza which is awesome. This will get you started. The house wine is nothing to rave about so splurge and get a bottle. The bottle prices are reasonable. I still just order a carafe of the house red and drink it out of straight tumblers rather than wine glasses as in the old country. The eggplant is my wife's favorite and I get the platter which includes eggplant, meatball, and sausage along with spaghetti and marinara sauce. I never go home hungry. I isn't downtown but then again it is never crowded. We will continue to frequent the place because we know what to expect.

Reviewed 11 March 2016

A friend told me about Rafi so we thought we'd give it a try. Will be coming back and often! Home style atmosphere, polite and attentive waiter, owner came by to make sure the food was OK, then after we were done to makes sure all was OK. I had the lasagna (awesome), and my husband had the fresh clams and linguine (also awesome). Fresh bread that was perfectly lightly toasted and warm.
Only downside was location, on the far side of Frederick from us. Well worth the drive, and lots of parking made up for it, as did the wonderful food.

Reviewed 20 February 2016

Newly opened from previous owner of Nido's Italian Restaurant in downtown Frederick. Smaller restaurant. Arrived at 8PM on a Friday night and we were the only people there. So the word is not yet out.

Excellent food - every bit as good as Nido's which is my favorite local Italian place. I had the eggplant parm and it was truly terrific. Service was good (one waitress, one table) and we got some good explanations of the various dishes, etc.

This will be a good place to visit every few weeks to see how they are doing and work through the menu.