“Excellent specials”
Review of Analia's Cafe

Analia's Cafe
Ranked #42 of 433 Restaurants in Frederick
Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

If you love authentic Greek food at a good price, this is a gem. My Greek husband had a pork chop with a lemon oregano garlic sauce that was cooked perfectly and very juicy. I had a stuffed pepper that was a little bland. Avgolemono soup is spot on. Tzatziki has some sour cream in it. Despite assurances from wait staff that they were homemade, dolmades tasted canned. The pita was very delicious. Falafel is excellent. Ask for the specials which are not listed on the menu. Chef/owner comes out to visit and ask if you enjoyed the food.

Reviewed 8 June 2017

Don't let the strip mall fool you... This is excellent Greek cooking in a simple and pleasant little cafe... We found this based on reviews here and Yelp and all were outstanding... We stopped for lunch after driving all morning to Fredrick for a family event that starts later this evening... So we wanted a hardy and delicious large meal to hold us over... We started with the three spread sampler...hummus, tzatziki and spicy feta with amazing grilled pitas... When we asked about wine, the owner suggested going to the liquor store and bringing in our own bottle... We did and he set elegant crystal wine goblets at the table with our first appetizer... All three spreads were amazing and the pitas unlike any I have ever had... Next we had another appetizer called Aegean Shrimp... Grilled shrimp in a delicate light sauce with peppers, tomatoes, cappers, onions and feta with more amazing pitas... For our main we selected a greek salad (the secret is in the home made dressing) and the "Greek Platter"... Grilled chicken, grilled pork and gyro all served with more pitas and tzatziki sauce... Finally for desert we said "surprise us"... Out came baklava which made me pause because usually it is sickly sweet... This was AMAZING... slight sweet from the honey binding the hand chopped almonds but then flavored with lemon juice and grated stick cinnamon... The result is a perfect desert both light and flavorful where you can taste the butter in the filo dough, the nuts and still have the taste of the honey as an over tone, not the main event... The owner is a very personable young man who lives and loves this business and I would encourage anyone who is a "food explorer" to try it... After our two hour lunch we checked in to our hotel and took a nap;)

1  Thank DocHarrisHHI
Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

The restaurant is very nice inside and out. Traditional colors of blue and white. I ordered the chicken souvlaki platter. It was brought quickly and was nice and hot. The salad was fresh and not overly covered in dressing. The chicken lemon rice soup had a good flavor and was hot, not overly lemony. The spinach pie had a good fillo that was flaky and not soggy. Nice flavor to the spinach. The rice pudding was great also.

1  Thank 446raymondr
Reviewed 27 May 2017

We were looking for a casual place on our way home from a town west of Frederick. This was convenient and is in a shopping area so parking was easy. There are some tables outside, but we ate inside.

1  Thank photobug429
Reviewed 15 May 2017

I took my mom here for Mother's Day and she loved it. This place was worth the trip. We had the falafel and the tzatziki platter for starters. Both were very good. I had the Greek Chicken Salad, which was delicious, and included capers (nice touch). My parents both said the Moussaka was good,and my brother enjoyed his gyro. Greek fries with feta and tzatziki on top were a huge hit. Everything tasted really fresh. Prices are very reasonable and the service is great. I can't wait to try this place again the next time I'm in Frederick.

1  Thank bbb421