“Great hotel, clean rooms, great value”
Review of Sleep Inn

Sleep Inn
Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Frederick
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 11 May 2017

I was very impressed with this property. The staff were nice and were helpful. Even though they are currently upgrading, I was not aware of any disturbance in the least. The entire building was clean, from my perspective, and well cared for. My wife did make a comment that some weeds could be pulled from the visitors entrance flower beds to improve first impressions.
This hotel provides a great value for exceptional lodging.
As others have said in revues, the bathroom layout gives it a small appearance, but I had no issues and I'm not a small person. I had a very quiet night's sleep in a very clean room with a microwave, refrigerator, tons of TV channels on a large screen TV, and I had no unfilled needs.

Room Tip: smoking rooms are available, so state your requirements.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
SleepInnStaff, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2017

Thank you for the compliments. Our staff is always willing to help our valued guests. Regarding the upgrades, we are very excited about the new changes and should have everything in place soon. There will be no disturbances as the only items remaining are related to new bedding and chairs. We truly believe in providing value and our motto is "A great experience at the right price". We thank you for choosing to stay with us and hope you consider us as your lodging choice in the future.

Reviewed 4 May 2017

Sleep Inn near Fredericksburg, Maryland. Because of an accident delaying our trip, we decided to pull over for the night. Sleep Inn provided a hot shower, comfortable bed and pillows, a quiet room, and a good breakfast the next morning. All staff pleasant and helpful

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
SleepInnStaff, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2017

I am so sorry to hear about your trip being delayed. However, we are very glad to know our hotel was able to help you make up for it. Hopefully, you are able to visit us again in better circumstances so you can also the great city of Frederick and the many attractions it offers.

Reviewed 28 April 2017

After a long day in Arlington VA we headed back home thru Frederick VA. Sleep Inn had great prices for the type of room we needed. I was easy to find, near a ton of restaurants and gas stations and the Interstate.

Our room was clean, neat - a wee bit small but we needed the room for rest not a party! Beds were super comfy and the pillows soft as a whisper. Breakfast room was small but the choices good and the lady tending the breakfast was the happiest person I have met in a long time. Very satisfied!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple

I hope you had safe trip back. We are glad to know you found our hotel to be accommodating. Yes, Gaylee is the best and so friendly. Please come visit us again if you are ever driving through.

Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!

I am writing this review while in another hotel on the night of my original reservation at the Sleep Inn because after checking in there was no way I was spending the night in that place.

I booked a room at the Sleep Inn because I needed a place for my wife and I to stay after attending a family event nearby. It had good reviews and was very reasonably priced so I thought it would be a good idea.

We checked in and received the cards for our room. When we went up to the room we saw that there was a do not disturb sign on the handle which seemed strange. We cautiously entered and found that the bed was not made, someone else's sandals were on the floor, and makeup near the sink in the bathroom. They gave us keys to a room that was currently occupied. Fortunately the occupants were not there at the time. We went back to the desk and the lady said she didn't know what happened but they didn't have any other king size bed rooms and we would have to settle for a queen. At this point we were pretty annoyed and also concerned that a stranger may receive a key to our room and walk in on us! We said okay and got our keys for a new room. The new room was not in use which I suppose was a good start. The toilet had stains and feces still floating in the water. I looked at the bed and immediately saw a bug on the sheets. I lifted the blanket and there was a clump of hair underneath. We immediately left this disgusting hotel! Late in the evening and tired we had to find another hotel. What an awful experience on so many levels!

I didn't expect anything very nice or new for the price but this place is not fit for a human being. It should be condemned! I feel like there are bugs crawling all over my skin just from spending 10 minutes in that place!

I'm not sure how a place like this could have a score of 3.8/5. Hopefully you are reading this and will not make the mistake of giving this hotel of horrors any of your money. You couldn't pay me to sleep in one of their rooms!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank MBarcs87
SleepInnStaff, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2017

Hello. I would first like to apologize for the inconvenience. I spent the days after this review to speak with all employees involved regarding this stay. Let me address each of the items:

Regarding our king rooms being sold out. There was an issue with the third party website overbooking rooms. We were sold out that Saturday, but for some reason Expedia kept booking our rooms. We promptly contacted them when we found out, but it was too late. We rarely have this situation happen where a guest cannot get a room. I want to sincerely apologize and as the hotel we take full responsibility for this error. Since this happened, the staff has been retrained to avoid this in the future. I am terribly sorry for the inconvenience this caused you.

Regarding the cleanliness of the second room. The front desk agent that checked you in had checked the room thirty minutes prior to you be assigned it. We frequently conduct checks of unsold rooms on busy nights to avoid issues. You were assigned the room at 9:58 pm and she checked the room 25 minutes before that. She mentioned the room and bathroom were clean. She stated that the toilet was clean as well and checked the beds too. This room was only assigned to you after the inspection.

You claimed you saw bed bugs on the sheets. This is a claim we take very seriously. Immediately after you left, we checked the room and brought in our pest control specialist as well. There was no trace of any bed bugs anywhere in the room. We have a strong preventative pest control treatment plan in place to prevent this from happening.

Again, we would like to apologize for not being able to accommodate your room type. Since you did not stay with us, we will not be charging you.

Reviewed 17 April 2017

There was a sign in the lobby noting that the rooms were undergoing renovations. Unfortunately the rooms we were assigned had not been updated. It was clear to me that the renovations were needed and warranted. Overall an adequate stay for our "passing through" purposes. Breakfast area is SMALL. Hardly room to walk between serving counters and the tables that are set up. There was a sign requesting food not be taken out of the breakfast area, but truthfully that was the only way to eat without people running into your chair or having their body parts on your plate.
Not terrible, but not great. Probably would have been a much better experience had we been in an updated room or if we had visited after the renovations were completed.

Room Tip: Ask for renovated room.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
SleepInnStaff, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2017

Most of the rooms are done renovations. We are just finishing up touch up points such as are new white bedding, chairs, and artwork. I can promise you the room will have a much different and better look and we would love to have you come back so you can see the new look for yourself.

We understand if we get busy, it can get a little difficult to move around easily. If you cannot find a seat or table, you can certainly take food back to your room. I apologize about this.