“DO NOT STAY HERE! Bed Bugs! Filthy!”
Review of Sleep Inn

Sleep Inn
Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Frederick
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!

I am writing this review while in another hotel on the night of my original reservation at the Sleep Inn because after checking in there was no way I was spending the night in that place.

I booked a room at the Sleep Inn because I needed a place for my wife and I to stay after attending a family event nearby. It had good reviews and was very reasonably priced so I thought it would be a good idea.

We checked in and received the cards for our room. When we went up to the room we saw that there was a do not disturb sign on the handle which seemed strange. We cautiously entered and found that the bed was not made, someone else's sandals were on the floor, and makeup near the sink in the bathroom. They gave us keys to a room that was currently occupied. Fortunately the occupants were not there at the time. We went back to the desk and the lady said she didn't know what happened but they didn't have any other king size bed rooms and we would have to settle for a queen. At this point we were pretty annoyed and also concerned that a stranger may receive a key to our room and walk in on us! We said okay and got our keys for a new room. The new room was not in use which I suppose was a good start. The toilet had stains and feces still floating in the water. I looked at the bed and immediately saw a bug on the sheets. I lifted the blanket and there was a clump of hair underneath. We immediately left this disgusting hotel! Late in the evening and tired we had to find another hotel. What an awful experience on so many levels!

I didn't expect anything very nice or new for the price but this place is not fit for a human being. It should be condemned! I feel like there are bugs crawling all over my skin just from spending 10 minutes in that place!

I'm not sure how a place like this could have a score of 3.8/5. Hopefully you are reading this and will not make the mistake of giving this hotel of horrors any of your money. You couldn't pay me to sleep in one of their rooms!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank MBarcs87
SleepInnStaff, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2017

Hello. I would first like to apologize for the inconvenience. I spent the days after this review to speak with all employees involved regarding this stay. Let me address each of the items:

Regarding our king rooms being sold out. There was an issue with the third party website overbooking rooms. We were sold out that Saturday, but for some reason Expedia kept booking our rooms. We promptly contacted them when we found out, but it was too late. We rarely have this situation happen where a guest cannot get a room. I want to sincerely apologize and as the hotel we take full responsibility for this error. Since this happened, the staff has been retrained to avoid this in the future. I am terribly sorry for the inconvenience this caused you.

Regarding the cleanliness of the second room. The front desk agent that checked you in had checked the room thirty minutes prior to you be assigned it. We frequently conduct checks of unsold rooms on busy nights to avoid issues. You were assigned the room at 9:58 pm and she checked the room 25 minutes before that. She mentioned the room and bathroom were clean. She stated that the toilet was clean as well and checked the beds too. This room was only assigned to you after the inspection.

You claimed you saw bed bugs on the sheets. This is a claim we take very seriously. Immediately after you left, we checked the room and brought in our pest control specialist as well. There was no trace of any bed bugs anywhere in the room. We have a strong preventative pest control treatment plan in place to prevent this from happening.

Again, we would like to apologize for not being able to accommodate your room type. Since you did not stay with us, we will not be charging you.

Reviewed 17 April 2017

There was a sign in the lobby noting that the rooms were undergoing renovations. Unfortunately the rooms we were assigned had not been updated. It was clear to me that the renovations were needed and warranted. Overall an adequate stay for our "passing through" purposes. Breakfast area is SMALL. Hardly room to walk between serving counters and the tables that are set up. There was a sign requesting food not be taken out of the breakfast area, but truthfully that was the only way to eat without people running into your chair or having their body parts on your plate.
Not terrible, but not great. Probably would have been a much better experience had we been in an updated room or if we had visited after the renovations were completed.

Room Tip: Ask for renovated room.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
SleepInnStaff, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2017

Most of the rooms are done renovations. We are just finishing up touch up points such as are new white bedding, chairs, and artwork. I can promise you the room will have a much different and better look and we would love to have you come back so you can see the new look for yourself.

We understand if we get busy, it can get a little difficult to move around easily. If you cannot find a seat or table, you can certainly take food back to your room. I apologize about this.

Reviewed 27 March 2017

Stay here on the way to and on the way back from florida. The rooms where clean, bed comfy , staff friendly and breakfast was good. On the way back from florida I stopped in Washington for a visit and this was a short drive out of the city. Then the next day a short drive to Gettysburg. Food and stores nearby

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
SleepInnStaff, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2017

Thank you for your review. I hope your trip to beautiful sunshine state went well. We hope you consider our hotel if you are ever in the area. Thank you.

Reviewed 27 March 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights , it was very affordable had nice selection for breakfast . Was nice and clean ., the only complaints we had was there were no lamps and are blanket was rather thin .. but overall would come back if in the area .

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family

We are so glad you chose to stay with us. While we don't have lamps, we do have LED lights that are dual setting for double queen rooms so one side can be turned off, while the other stays on. We are also upgrading our blankets and have already ordered them. We hope you enjoyed the cherry blossoms. We find the tree soothing so had one planted in front of the hotel as well. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 22 March 2017 via mobile

The hotel is caught between new and old which is apparent, but the rooms were very clean and had what you needed. My room was right off the elevator a bit noisy but not Unmanageable by any means. Well worth the price would consider again if in this area. There are many places to eat around and shop.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
SleepInnStaff, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2017

Thank you so much for your review. Our goal is to provide you the best accommodations at the right price. Regarding being caught between old and new, yes we do have a few items that are pending. While the bulk of our renovations are complete, we will be updating our rooms with all white bedding, state of the art ergonomic chairs, and beautifully decorated canvas artwork throughout our rooms. We are working quickly to get this done and I am sure you will love the new look.