“Average, basic, and not much more”
Review of Sleep Inn

Sleep Inn
Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Frederick
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 1 November 2015

I'd not stay here again, I'd choose something else in the area. Had to wait at the front desk while the clerk tried around 20 key cards, he gave me 4, he said one should work, and only 1 did. A serious problem they need to FIX! Sleep was fine, but the room was quite small with the typical Sleep Inn very tiny bathroom area. Room lighting overall was somewhat dark, not bright at all anywhere. Hot breakfast consisted of scrambled eggs that were almost like soup they were so watery. And the bacon was virtually raw, all white and gummy like it was hardly cooked at all. But I arrived late and left early, so I guess it sufficed, but I'd never stay here again nor would I recommend it to anyone unless they couldn't afford anything else.

Room Tip: Don't stay here, go elsewhere
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank ynp-CV
SleepInnStaff, Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2016

I apologize about the experience you had. The hotel is under new management and we are making sweeping changes in order to give our guests a great experience. We did fix the key card issue. Regarding the lighting, we are currently in the middle of a full scale renovation, which includes brand new LED lighting throughout the room. Regarding the breakfast, I spoke to the breakfast attendant and discussed the proper cooking methods regarding the eggs and bacon. I am very sorry about your stay and hope you can give us another chance. Thank you.

There are newer reviews for Sleep Inn

Reviewed 13 October 2015

Hair dryer had a broken plug so if it was used it could have electrocuted someone - I have pictures. The internet was terrible, the shower ran out of hot water, the bathroom door was broken, the beds were like sleeping on gravel, the breakfast.... I could keep writing but I think you get the picture. Save your money and stay away! This is my last stay at a Sleep Inn!

Room Tip: Stay away!
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family

I would like to apologize about the issues you had during your stay. The hotel is under new management. Regarding the internet, we upgraded our provider and now have high speed internet access. The water issue has been resolved and there is no longer a problem with hot water. As part of our renovations, we are upgrading our bedding package and breakfast. I am sorry about your experience and hope you give us another chance.

Reviewed 18 August 2015

I had prepaid for 2 nights on hotels.com for my room. First night went ok. The second night I try to enter my room and my key doesn't work. Only to come to find out, they GAVE my room away to someone else! They had to find another room for me to stay in, and then charged me an additional 2 nights - after I had already prepaid for the existing reservation! There are many more (and better) hotels around the area to choose from.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family

I am sorry about the ordeal you went through. We are under new management so I wouldn't know the specifics of what happened. However, sometimes hotels.com reservations don't always go through, this is why we advise you to directly call the hotel to make a reservation. We have not had an issue regarding this matter since.

Reviewed 2 August 2015

My husband and I and our best friends stayed here one night before heading to Delaware. The room was nice, although when we came in, it smelled a little like smoke which we didn't understand because it was a non smoking room. It was a typical room, spacious enough, we would probably stay here again. Breakfast was ok, a very small area off the lobby.

Stayed: July 2015
1  Thank Christa H

Thank your for the response. We have only a very few smoking rooms and they are all isolated from our non-smoking rooms. As a non-smoker myself, I know that even a little smoke smell can be difficult to sit through. We have a strict no smoking policy in our non-smoking rooms and will make sure we do our best to enforce it so you can have a clean and healthy environment to be in. Thanks.

Reviewed 13 July 2015

Convenient to our route between work-related stops, this Sleep Inn was a good value for a single night stay. Room was clean and quiet, linens and towels were fine. Air conditioning worked very well. Breakfast area a little cramped and offered the usual items - basic and good for the price. I took exception with the night clerk's behavior and lack of professionalism which I addressed directly to the manager. Her co-worker did his best to get us checked in, which I commended. Restaurants and mall just across the street which is a plus; east access to highway. No issue with the accomodations.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Mary Jane S

Thank you for your review. We are under new management and the auditor you referred to no longer works here. We at the Sleep Inn here always put our guests first because a smile on your face puts a smile on ours. Thanks.