All reviews continental style working order family gathering would stay here again cold cereal the hotel staff the breakfast area front desk staff bed was comfortable dishwasher kitchenette couch linens sink
Reviewed 17 September 2017

DONE STAY HERE! The place is a dirt pile, the room smelled, the toilet was lined with dirt or mold (see pictures), safety equipment was falling apart (see pictures, the hot tub they advertise is filled with concrete (see pictures), the room cleaners aren't paying attention to details (see picture of trash can lid), theres no A/C in the bed room, just a old dirty fan to blow air from the main room that has A/C, theres so many others options near this price or at this price in the area, can't believe choice hotels lets this place keep the name.

Room Tip: Get a different hotel!
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 August 2017

Just say NO. My room smelled like mold and urine. The desk people were nice but everything was shabby. The breakfast was definitely "continental" . The air conditioner in my room made a terribel racket- I asked them to please fix it since I was stuck there for a week. Did they fix it, nope, didn't do it.
It was the only place available when I had to book so beggars can't be choosers.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 July 2017

Rate was super low and you get what you pay for. Overall, place seems dirty, unmaintained, outdated - kind of like it's thrown together with furniture from someone's basement. Front desk staff work from a low desk and I didn't like that they didn't stand during check-in or check-our processes - came across as discourteous. Bathrooms are bare bones cheap and basic. Couch had stains on it. AC loud. There are lots of other places to stay in area and we should have taken more time to find another place.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 June 2017

I recently overnighted at the MainStay for a graduation party in the area. There are many hotels in this area and I wasn't looking for something high end, just a place to sleep that had a good rate. Many brand properties around here are high priced because of it's relative proximity to both Baltimore and DC, so finding something under $100 a night is a good deal, and in other locations would probably run much less. This is a Clarion chain hotel, and within their family of hotels I would put this in their 3-star category.
So I rate this hotel based on it being basically a mid-budget hotel.
The check in process was quick and easy. I was asked if I wanted a room on the first or second floor and I opted for the 2nd. Our room had no view at all; actually was looking at the roof of the pool, and there were men working on the HVAC right outside my window, which was weird. But I pulled the drapes and all was ok.
We had a studio queen room, which included a single queen bed, a sofa (actually more like a chaise), a small table and a kitchen with a full fridge, stovetop and microwave. The bed was comfortable, it was very quiet and the bathroom was clean.
The included breakfast is continental style. The coffee wasn't great but it was hot. I opted for the prepackaged pastries which were fresh. They have a juice machine, packets of oatmeal, cold cereal and some toaster waffles, bread and bagels. For the nightly rate, it was a decent spread. If this is not your 'cup of coffee', you have options right across the street, including a Starbucks, Krispy Kreme, and a Silver Diner a 1/2 mile away.
In my opinion, this is a good option for anyone looking for a quiet, clean, inexpensive property in Frederick. It met all of my expectations and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

During our stay the staff was more than pleasant and accommodating. We did have a small leak under the sink and they were quick to come take care of it. While the breakfast buffet is very minimal is very clean and well stocked. We were able to take iPad and found that the rain is south it's very accommodating with the kitchen at which more than supplied everything we needed. They were also extremely helpful in booking the room and having it ready extra early without a request, so when we did end up coming very early they were able to let us go in. Again I can't say enough about the stuff they were very accommodating and pleasant

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family