MainStay Suites
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Courtyard Frederick(Frederick)
Residence Inn Frederick(Frederick)
View Hotel
All reviewscontinental styleworking orderwould stay here againcold cerealthe hotel stafffront desk staffbed was comfortabledishwasherkitchenettecouchsink
Reviewed 4 June 2017

I recently overnighted at the MainStay for a graduation party in the area. There are many hotels in this area and I wasn't looking for something high end, just a place to sleep that had a good rate. Many brand properties around here are high priced because of it's relative proximity to both Baltimore and DC, so finding something under $100 a night is a good deal, and in other locations would probably run much less. This is a Clarion chain hotel, and within their family of hotels I would put this in their 3-star category.
So I rate this hotel based on it being basically a mid-budget hotel.
The check in process was quick and easy. I was asked if I wanted a room on the first or second floor and I opted for the 2nd. Our room had no view at all; actually was looking at the roof of the pool, and there were men working on the HVAC right outside my window, which was weird. But I pulled the drapes and all was ok.
We had a studio queen room, which included a single queen bed, a sofa (actually more like a chaise), a small table and a kitchen with a full fridge, stovetop and microwave. The bed was comfortable, it was very quiet and the bathroom was clean.
The included breakfast is continental style. The coffee wasn't great but it was hot. I opted for the prepackaged pastries which were fresh. They have a juice machine, packets of oatmeal, cold cereal and some toaster waffles, bread and bagels. For the nightly rate, it was a decent spread. If this is not your 'cup of coffee', you have options right across the street, including a Starbucks, Krispy Kreme, and a Silver Diner a 1/2 mile away.
In my opinion, this is a good option for anyone looking for a quiet, clean, inexpensive property in Frederick. It met all of my expectations and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

During our stay the staff was more than pleasant and accommodating. We did have a small leak under the sink and they were quick to come take care of it. While the breakfast buffet is very minimal is very clean and well stocked. We were able to take iPad and found that the rain is south it's very accommodating with the kitchen at which more than supplied everything we needed. They were also extremely helpful in booking the room and having it ready extra early without a request, so when we did end up coming very early they were able to let us go in. Again I can't say enough about the stuff they were very accommodating and pleasant

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 April 2017

We arrived today checkin, in the room the dishwasher is pulled out don't know if it can be used. The pool is cloudy which is a violation if you can't see the bottom clear and has to be shut down.For $99.00 a night I would have expected better

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 October 2016 via mobile

The breakfast was definitely bare bones. Everything was dried out, the bread, the bagels and the waffels tasted dried out and freezer burned. You couldn't even pick them up without them falling apart. The cereal was generic and hard. I noticed the cereal in the dispenser at check in the day before. They say the have coffee 24/7. Old room temperature coffee maybe. The juice was diluted and watered down, coffee was bath water warm and old. No one was maintaining this area. Told one of the staff in the front lobby that we needed more supplies for the breakfast bar, she didn't speak English, neither did the other two girls with her. The guy behind the counter had broken English at best. He came out and placed 4 dried waffels out and left. The room had like 11 people standing around. The fruit was dark and bruised. Eat before you go here for breakfast please or skip it all together.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Wanda S
Reviewed 26 September 2016 via mobile

Stayed one night and enjoyed the accommodations. The one employee we came in contact with that checked us in also checked us out. Breakfast was good and my kids enjoyed the pool. We were also granted a late checkout.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family