All reviewsfire pitbistro barstandard marriottroom was cleanindoor pool and hot tubnumerous restaurantsexcellent propertyeasy access to downtownattending a weddingadjoining roomsnice hoteldesk staffthe staff was greatchecking outwould definitely stay here againnight's sleepgreat place to stay
Reviewed 30 October 2017

I've been staying at the Courtyard regularly since starting a new job taking me to Frederick regularly. The staff here is always friendly and helpful. There's not a free breakfast (even though I am a Marriott Gold member), but the rooms are comfortable and it's convenient.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Jessica C, Operations Manager at Courtyard Frederick, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2017

Thank you very much for your valued feedback. We are pleased to hear you have enjoyed staying with us at the Courtyard Frederick. Unfortunately, the Courtyard brand does not offer the complimentary breakfast, but we offer multiple breakfast options at our Bistro. Thank you for being such a loyal member to Marriott and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are visiting Frederick!

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

This hotel may be newly renovated but the spa was closed for construction and the walls seem to be so thin you can hear everything. Between the traffic outside and the other guests partying in their rooms until all hours it was impossible to sleep. Called the front desk but hotel was booked so couldn't move the room all they could offer to do was to walk the hall. Useless.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Jessica C, Operations Manager at Courtyard Frederick, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2017

I would like to thank you for staying with us at the Courtyard by Marriott. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the noise you experienced during your stay and for the spa not being available. I understand how frustrating it can be when you are trying to have a relaxing stay and you are disturbed by noise. I do apologize that the spa may have been out for routine maintenance at the time of your stay. I hope when your travels bring you back to the Frederick area you will choose the Courtyard by Marriott in Frederick.

Reviewed 17 October 2017

On vacuum with the bride---Skyline then Blue Ridge...then it time to get back to the new world...think about it.

Frederick---Bedroom for DC, and other places. Had dinner at a Peruvian Restaurant (a first and a revelation)...Yankees playing the Astros in the '17 Playoffs.

Get to the hotel, after dinner at an excellent restaurant, no game on the TV! Called desk--its on in the "Bistro/Bar". Down we go to that location.

The Bistro is a sandwich/pizza like hybrid you see in an airport bar...bar on the right, food on left...couple TV's and some bar stools and then tables.

OK...Hero--young woman named Amber. That is a hustling, energetic, takes her job seriously person. My bride and I kept remaking about her drive and energy to get the job done. Early---us and some guy next to us...then the room filled---her compadre Lauron (excellent person from the front desk who checked us in with a great flair we appreciated)---came over because Amber was getting slammed with people...a good sized group came back from dinner...you can figure the rest.

OK..they handled the rush, the second wave, etc...Bur how and how well is why I am writing this

I have been asked in the past by TA to award buttons to servers/wait staff who excelled---have 2 to give out---Amber got my #1. She is just plain solid and really gets at it. I appreciated how she just kept pushing to get it done with style and good stuff. Lauren by the way is superb...but had no pins for that category. Best check in staff person I have seen in a loooooooooong while.

The Hotel is clean, convenient, etc etc. (All this mind you when they didn't have my beloved Yankee game on in the room---yeah, they made $$$ on my bar bill...)

In short...if here, stay here. Period. Ask for Amber and Lauron---they are the best!

Room Tip: 321 is a winner
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Patrick201
Reviewed 16 October 2017

This was one of the hotels on the site of a wedding we were attending, and we made a very good choice staying here. Clean, comfortable, well appointed and friendly. The fire-pit and lounge grouping on the patio was nice to enjoy with a glass of wine in hand and good conversation. We had breakfast in the lounge, everything was freshly made on site and tasty, convenient too. Recommend for travelers looking for a good hotel and for wedding parties - they had four of them, plus a couple of birthday party groups staying there at the same time.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2017

Having left two nights at a cabin in Gatlinburg and heading eventually to south Jersey, we looked for a place that would leave us an easy drive to our destination. We chose Courtyard Frederick and were quite happy with that decision.

The facility was clean and the staff was not just friendly but helpful as well. They provided us with a great dinner suggestion (Silver Diner). Our room gave us just what we needed, enough space to stretch out a bit after a day of driving.

Breakfast filled us sufficiently to begin our day. Should we be in the area and looking for lodging again, this facility will get our business.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family