All reviewsfront deskbuckeystown pikecomplimentary breakfastroad noiseroom was cleangreat place to staythe breakfast areacookieswaffleseasy accessbreakfast staffparking lotfire pitconvenient locationdefinitely stay here againfitness centerstaff was friendly
Reviewed 1 January 2018

Excellent service and accommodations, the staff was very helpful. The brand never disappoints me. The policy of cleaning the duvet between every guest is a very important factor when choosing Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Kelly W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Frederick, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2018

Dear Bart G,

Thank you for your 5-star review! We certainly appreciate your remarks and high regard for our hotel and brand. I do have to agree, the care of our linen is of utmost importance and rest assured, we take thorough steps to ensure our products stay fresh each day.
We hope to visit with you again soon!

Warm Regards,
Kelly

Reviewed 16 December 2017 via mobile

I am not sure how this hotel has such good reviews, really. The front desk staff was very welcoming and friendly—both evening and morning shifts. It ends there. The rooms are very dated with a funky, moldy, stale odor. The room climate was difficult to regulate. The bed and bath were clean which was good, but our tub was inoperable. Water shot straight out of the wall with the faucet laying on the tub floor. We had an early flight and no Maintenance was available. When we asked about the Hilton 100% guarantee, we were told that the manger was not there and no one could honor it. We were told the manager never gave points or refunds. As a Gold HH member, it was less than satisfactory answer. It’s a bad sign when no one at the property is authorized to make it right with guests/members. The most distressing part of the stay was seeing black patrons of the Beacon restaurant treated unfairly. Black customers were asked for credit cards prior to receiving menus because they might have left without paying. I heard this twice. However, I as a white middle-aged woman was never asked for a room number or credit card prior to ordering food and drinks. BTW, the food was awful and the drinks were overpriced and watered down. Unacceptable—all of it!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank PattyH999
Kelly W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Frederick, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2017

Dear PattyH999,

Thank you for your review and feedback. First and foremost, my sincerest apologies for your overall experience with us. I am truly disheartened about the challenges you faced whilst visiting and apologize that once brought to our attention, we failed to ensure your satisfaction. One of our founding principles is the 100% Guarantee which we firmly stand behind. Please trust, I will most certainly immediately address your concerns with our team, provide any needed training and correct the room challenges you describe. It is our goal for all of our guests, especially as valued Gold Member such as yourself, to feel comfortable and respected while with us.

Our payment practices in our restaurant, The Beacon, were not followed. We require all our guests and patrons to provide a form of payment up-front in order to dine. This appears to have not been the case with you. Unfortunately, the reason we have to take such a strident approach is that we have provided food and beverages to guests that have subsequently walked-out without paying for our services too often. I apologize for the overall negative impression you were given. I can assure you, we welcome any and all patrons to enjoy a meal with us.

I would like the opportunity, should your time allow, to speak with you personally. I may be reached at either the property 301-698-2500, my cell phone number is 541-514-5595 or by email at Kelly.wilken@hilton.com.

Warm Regards,
Kelly

Reviewed 15 December 2017

I travel to this part of Frederick several times a year for business. Despite many hotel options in the immediate area, I have a strong preference for this property. Hampton Inn Frederick consistently delivers on a clean, comfortable room and friendly service at great value. Recent updates have given the common areas a fresh look. I particularly appreciate that the downstairs exercise room is larger and better-stocked than is typical for similar hotels.

Room Tip: The hotel is adjacent to I-270. Request a room on a high floor facing away from the highway to minimize road noise.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 December 2017

Hampton Inn Frederick Associates go above and beyond to make you feel at home. Property is clean, organized and staff is always available when needed. Everything you need when travelling can be found at this property.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 December 2017

Trip to visit granddaughter and help babysit. Hotel was good location and great value. Breakfast was very good Nice selection of breakfasts options. Staff was friendly and very helpful with with questions. Victor at front desk helped with room requests and Lisa at breakfast buffet was very helpful with helping food requests.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family